Happy BDay PT!

unclehobart

ha ha... you are old.. as old as me now.

don't trust anyone born after the Moon landing!

don't pay the ferryman... don't even ask a price.

Still not even halfway to social security ... only a few years away from the unfriendly 'jellyfinger' docs.

*hands PT a racy birthday card with a nekkid woman on it and a lame joke printed on the inside*

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
Thank you everyone. Had a wonderful day, the wife let me sleep til noon, then brought me breakfast in bed. :headbang:

Next I got to play on the puter for about 10 minutes before the festivies of the day began. First was Girl Scouts, had to help them pour pavers for their crossing-over ceremony coming up next month. Then it was Boy Scouts, my middle son had his Pinewood derby race this afternoon. Finished second in his den, 8th or 9th in the Troop. Not bad, he got a little trophy, and he's happy. Made it back home around 7. Then got my steak dinner, baked potato, still stuffed. No cake yet, which is ok, I don't think I have the willpower to blow out 33 candles.

unclehobart

I won state with my Pinewood Derby car. I think I still have it. If you want a ringer for next year... just let me know.

Mirlyn

PuterTutor said:
Then it was Boy Scouts, my middle son had his Pinewood derby race this afternoon. Finished second in his den, 8th or 9th in the Troop. Not bad, he got a little trophy, and he's happy.

I remember those days!:headbang: I got second in mine too....lost to "the design", which imitated a door stop (very gentle slope though, only ended up being 3/4's to an inch tall at the tail end. Everyone used that design that year, and his was the most tuned (and made by Boeing-Engineer-Equipped-with-Auto-CAD Daddy, which pissed me off since I actually MADE mine.):grumpy:

I'll have to go dig out my cars now :headbang:

PT

It was a little sad, all I did was the basic cutting out on his, he did all the sanding, painting, etc. There were some cars that looked like they came out of GM's Concept car design division. I guess it goes back to the Little League Dad Syndrome. :shrug:

fury

Administrator
Staff member
PuterTutor said:
Pinewood derby race
I remember those. :beerbang:

I won 1st in the den once and 1st in the troop another time.

Pack 621
1994 Pinewood Derby
Grand Champion

Attachments

• pd_1994_grand_champion.jpg
    pd_1994_grand_champion.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 10

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Nah, I got troop mixed up with pack I guess. I only got up to the next one after wolf (forgot which one that was. :confuse3: )

PT

The Boy Scouts in Jeff City race sailboats, it's really quite interesting, I'll see if I can get pics from the next race.