have any of you ...

nalani

... had twins before? Man, I don't mean to bitch and moan and groan about this miracle of life .. but dang ... I still have three month to go and I can't fathom having to go through this for another three months. Constant round ligament pain any time I walk, stiff neck from trying to keep my left when I lay down, numb legs and arms when I forget to keep to my left, needing a nap the minute I wake up, hemorrhoids I wouldn't wish on my most hated enemy, starving but not wanting anything to eat ... this is sooooooo not what I'm used to as far as being pregnant ... I seriously need a break ...

nalani

I tried this pillow that's supposed to be all supportive and stuff. Ironically, I think that's what tweaked my neck LOL .. maybe I'm not laying on it right ..

nalani

would a different kind of pillow help them hemhorroids?

Ohhh .. I wish .. it might help a little but there's so much pressure from the twins riding so low that .. ugh .. but I'm supposed to get a donut to sit on at work .. the pharmacy is out of them .. didn't know there were that many hemorrhoidal people out there :D

tonksy

:(

I'm so sorry you are uncomfy. I imagine it's awful.
Has the dreaded words "bed rest" come up?

nalani

:(

I'm so sorry you are uncomfy. I imagine it's awful.
Has the dreaded words "bed rest" come up?

Two weeks ago the doc said that if my blood pressure didn't stabilize, he'd start thinking about bed rest. Personally, I think that would drive me nuts and push my pressure through the roof LOL

I'm hoping I can stick it out til at least my 30th week .. but honestly, it's not looking like that just now ...

GrandCaravanSE

well seeing that i am male i really can't know what you go through. but i am sure you will do just fine. When are they do? i know three months but what day.

nalani

I have roughly about 13 weeks left. Tonks, it's going to be a C-section because my OB says I deliver way too quickly and if anything happened to the second one, there wouldn't be time to go in and get it. (Don't hate me, the longest I ever labored was 3 hours .. the shortest, 50 minutes). We haven't scheduled it yet because I told him I didn't like the usual days he has surgeries scheduled - the moon isn't good for me :D

Prof .. well, I'll value these guys either way .. but rest assured, they're already grounded :D

tonksy

Way to take all the fun out of it. What good is a baby/babies if you can't gamble on its/their date of birth? ;)
We could have a median weight/length pool.....

nalani

Way to take all the fun out of it. What good is a baby/babies if you can't gamble on its/their date of birth? ;)
We could have a median weight/length pool.....

now that's a pool that would be great ... there's no way of knowing at this point how big they'll get .. but I can make it a bit easier .. at the moment one is 1lb 4oz, the other is 1lb 5oz. Believe me, they feel like 20 lbs each :D

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Does the boy weigh more? My mom always says my brother and I were EXACTLY the same size at birth...even though I was 8lb14oz and he was 8lb15oz. She says the extra oz was because he's a boy, LOL. We're not twins btw so I can't help you...we just happened to be the same size, 5 years apart.

nalani

Does the boy weigh more? My mom always says my brother and I were EXACTLY the same size at birth...even though I was 8lb14oz and he was 8lb15oz. She says the extra oz was because he's a boy, LOL. We're not twins btw so I can't help you...we just happened to be the same size, 5 years apart.

yes, it's the boy who weighs more and has weighed an ounce more since we started the ultrasound thing at 7 weeks .. at least he's consistent LOL