Hawaiian word of the day

kuulani

'Ohana means family ... :gag:

Seriously though, today's word is pau. You know how much times I've wanted to use this word on the board, but can't 'cause no one but nalani and miki would understand me?!

Pau (sort of rhymes with "cow"), means "finished". Like, I'm pau writing this post :D

Inkara1

Now, just mix this nitro glycerin, like so...

PAU!

Hmm... looks like we need a new Timmy! :D

kuulani

very good, you've all used it in sentences ... although I thought unc's word was "kung PAO chicken" :shrug: :p ... and yes, PT, you pronounced it right. Luis, stop bastardizing my language :p Arris gets an "A" for the correctest usage of the word :D

Today's word is mahalo, meaning "thank you".
^ I'm pau defining mahalo. :D

Arris

kuulani said:
very good, you've all used it in sentences ... although I thought unc's word was "kung PAO chicken" :shrug: :p ... and yes, PT, you pronounced it right. Luis, stop bastardizing my language :p Arris gets an "A" for the correctest usage of the word :D

Today's word is mahalo, meaning "thank you".
^ I'm pau defining mahalo. :D

Wow... an A. Cool...
mahalo.
Although I'm not pau with learning hawaiin words :rolleyes: :p

Can you teach us the phrase:
"How much does the small goat cost?"

Never know when that might come in handy in Hawaiian.

kuulani

Arris said:
"How much does the small goat cost?"

'Ehia kalä o ia kao li'ili'i? ... although that may be a bit too advanced, let's stick with words ...

Today's word will be 'anakala, meaning uncle, in honor of our very own unc ... there, there, can you stop drawing your toe in the sand now?

kuulani

:lol: I'm not sure he'd like the change in definition :D

ana. 1. To measure, survey, evaluate. 2. To have enough or too much. 3. Cave, grotto. 4. Larynx.

äna. His, hers

'ana. Pumice.

nalani

wow, I'm proud of you, PT ... :)

so, ku'u, since you're not here on weekends, will you be giving three words of the day on Fridays? And is there a test scheduled? :D

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
nalani said:
wow, I'm proud of you, PT ... :)

Mahalo.

Congrats on being pau with your exams. When do you get the scores to see if you are really pau? ;)