Heath Ledger Found Dead in NYC

JJR512

Heath Ledger Found Dead in NYC
Jan. 22, 2008, 4:52 PM EST
The Associated Press

NEW YORK -- Heath Ledger was found dead Tuesday at a downtown Manhattan residence in a possible drug-related death, police said. He was 28.

NYPD spokesman Paul Browne said Ledger had an appointment for a massage at the Manhattan apartment believed to be his home. The housekeeper who went to let Ledger know the masseuse was there found him dead at 3:26 p.m.

The Australian-born actor was an Oscar nominee for his role in "Brokeback Mountain" and has numerous other screen credits.
http://movies.msn.com/movies/article.aspx?news=293954&GT1=7701

(Cross-forum post at Thread Wonders and some other website.)

ResearchMonkey

Oh.

No wonder I never heard of him.

The eldest son in 'the Patriot' :deal: ....if ever you saw'd him

th-4

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
I was goona ask the who question but it's been answered.

I may recall him from Patriot. Haven't seen any of the others.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
Didn't watch the Patriot thing. Damn sure didn't watch Brokeback.

A shame for anyone that young, but the rumors abound that he was found in a sea of sleeping pills, so I guess he got what he wanted. Maybe he had the Packers in the Super Bowl pool.

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
and now westboro bastard I mean baptist church plans to picket his funereal.

(the poke was at the phelps church, not real baptists)

JJR512

Didn't watch the Patriot thing. Damn sure didn't watch Brokeback.

A shame for anyone that young, but the rumors abound that he was found in a sea of sleeping pills, so I guess he got what he wanted. Maybe he had the Packers in the Super Bowl pool.

1. There are two straight scenes in the movie that some people may find entertaining ;). (One includes Michelle Williams, from Dawson's Creek TV show, with Heath Ledger; the two later married, and she is his "baby momma". The other includes Anne Hathaway, from the movies The Princess Diaries, its sequel, The Devil Wears Prada, and some other movie with some scenes that, well, let's just say if fans of The Princess Diaries find one of her scenes in Brokeback Mountain shocking, they would need resuscitation after seeing this other movie, from what I've heard about it; unfortunately, I can't recall this other movie's name. She will also play Agent 99 in the forthcoming Get Smart movie, with Steve Carrell in the lead role.)

2. He was found with sleeping pills near him. Let's assume that an overdose of sleeping pills is what killed him. An overdose can mean twenty too many, but it can also mean one too many. Overdosing on sleeping pills does not necessarily indicate a suicide attempt. Maybe the normal dose wasn't working for him, and he took more, and wound up taking too many. Maybe he was taking some other medication for some other problem and the two meds didn't get along, tried to battle it out, and the actor became a collateral casualty. The overdose may have been deliberate, but it may also have very well been accidental. Because from everything I could see, he was happily married, happily a father, had some good things going for him, and no real troubles that I was previously aware of, I choose to cling to the hope that this was an accident. I choose to mourn his death, and will wait to be angry at him for making me feel that way until after it's proven that he deliberately killed himself.

BlurOfSerenity

he and michelle williams split up last september, but i haven't read about any real drama relating to that.
he's apparently had a lot of trouble sleeping lately, taking two... either ambiens or lunestas, i forget... and only sleeping for an hour even so. could definitely be related to a deeper disturbance.
autopsy results inconclusive as of yet, but they might have more answers in a while.
jay says a rolled up $20 was found near him... but no drugs, so that doesn't necessarily mean anything (i've rolled up bills in that fashion out of sheer boredom, before).

so, that's the latest, as far as i'm aware.