Hector......aka Hålo, aka Meleager....whatever.

Esperanto

Don't waste time talking about specific instances of Americans' ignorance. Its more efficient to say "Americans are ignorant."

Hector

Well, I'm not saying they're all ignorant. But we have a show here, called 'Talking to Americans' where they go down to the states, and make passers by congradulate Canada on perposterous things.

One time, a proffessor of Political Science said, "Congrats to Canada on finally locking up that salmon poacher Jean Cretien."

But I find that when I go down to the US, most people arent that stupid....just normal, normal people.

Esperanto

We have numerous television shows where people go around asking stuff like, "Who was our first president?" followed by Uh..Abraham Lincoln, right?" Of course, they rarely show the people who get the questions right, so it looks like all of us are idiots.

EDIT: Salmon poacher? That's rather sad...

greenfreak

Yeah, we know the general attitude. Believe me when I say we've already been down this road plenty of times and (hopefully) are past all that. :headbng2:

Jeslek

Banned
Hector said:
Well, I'm not saying they're all ignorant. But we have a show here, called 'Talking to Americans' where they go down to the states, and make passers by congradulate Canada on perposterous things.

One time, a proffessor of Political Science said, "Congrats to Canada on finally locking up that salmon poacher Jean Cretien."

But I find that when I go down to the US, most people arent that stupid....just normal, normal people.
Well, the last time I asked an average Canadian who the first Mexican president was they couldn't say it. Neither could they name three Mexican provinces/states or the capital of New York state.

Or how about our neighboring countries? What is the capital of Greenland? What country owns Greenland?

People are ignorant everywhere.

Hector

Jeslek said:
Well, the last time I asked an average Canadian who the first Mexican president was they couldn't say it. Neither could they name three Mexican provinces/states or the capital of New York state.

Or how about our neighboring countries? What is the capital of Greenland? What country owns Greenland?

People are ignorant everywhere.

Well, Canada is the biggest trade partner the US has, so you'd think more would know...

I can pretty much answer all of your questions...
Mexican president is (something) Fox. NYC is obvious, and only the most uneducated 3rd world youngster can ever get that one wrong...

Denmark owns Greenland, and as for the capital, I can't remember.

Jeslek

Banned
Mexican president is (something) Fox
I asked who the first president was.

NYC is obvious, and only the most uneducated 3rd world youngster can ever get that one wrong...
Wrong. Albany is the capital of New York state.

The capital of Greenland is Nuuk.

Professur

Hector said:
Mexican president is (something) Fox. NYC is obvious, and only the most uneducated 3rd world youngster can ever get that one wrong...

Oh man, that was sweet. I nearly pissed myself laughing.

HomeLAN

Professur said:
Hector said:

Oh man, that was sweet. I nearly pissed myself laughing.

You too, huh?