Help for 9 yr old rape victim reaps excommunication

Frodo

holy shit.

what i love best is this part:
"The Archbishop of Olinda and Recife, Jose Cardoso Sobrinho, told Brazil's TV Globo that the law of God was above any human law."

there you go, sweetie. god got you raped and pregnant with twins that would rupture your uterus and kill you. all part of his plan, you see.
(the things we teach children!!)

(ETA: ftr, i'm not one of those people who's all like, "how can i believe in god in a world where [insert tragedy here] is allowed to happen!" because i believe that everything happens for a reason and all that... but it just astounds me that this could happen and she could be expected to have a love for god after basically being told that god is why this happened... if that makes any sense)

IMHO, God is weeping right along side the rest of saying, "How can humans allow this to happen?" It is the cost of free will.

valkyrie

oh, they are both idiots
Sorry if I offended you, but I thought Professur's statement was callus and thoughtless.
Women are raped daily the world over, and most of them brush themselves off afterwards and go home and cook dinner. Westerners (europeans) have made rape the (tragedy) crime is it, not biology.
Forcing someone to have sex with you is not just a crime as defined by "Westerners". Rape is a crime everywhere. If he thinks rape is no big deal, let him experience it and then he can let us all know how he brushed it off. That's all I'm saying.

I feel so bad for this little girl. They think the rapes by her step-father had been going on since SIX... 6!!!! WTF? This guy is lowest of the low. Raping a six year old little girl. I just can't imagine it. It sickens me.

2minkey

bootlicker
in a controlled environment, for effect, sure. one vigorous insensitivity may in many cases deserve another.

no actual sheep were raped during filming.

BeardofPants

"He said the excommunication would not apply to the child because of her age, but would affect all those who ensured the abortion was carried out."

The child is not being excommunicated.

MrBishop

"He said the excommunication would not apply to the child because of her age, but would affect all those who ensured the abortion was carried out."

The child is not being excommunicated.
Nah..but her family is. Until she moves out years from now, she'll still have that stain on her social presence. :mad4:

BeardofPants

I didn't say she wouldn't be affected by this, marc. :shrug: Just pointing out what people appear to have not read in the article.

MrBishop

I didn't say she wouldn't be affected by this, marc. :shrug: Just pointing out what people appear to have not read in the article.
I get that. In a place where excommunication holds some serious weight, she's unlikely to get off easy. Guilt by association. It's a crying shame.

2minkey

bootlicker
i didn't see anything about this already, so sorry if it's already been posted...

but the stepfather has not been excommunicated, because raping a child is not as bad as aborting the fetuses that'll kill ya!

http://slog.thestranger.com/slog/archives/2009/03/08/a_followup_question_your_holi

this is because ultimately the antiabortion view is aimed at producing a pool of available labor. YOU MUST REPRODUCE! it's mythologized as being "holy" but the original intent is quite mundane and earthly. anything reproductive - even rape, is better than removing a worker bee from their pod (which would be bad for pharoah, and his economy).

this is just like the thing about jews not eating pork. it's not god, it's that raising pigs in a desert climate would be economically ruinous. but they need god to make it stick. fortunately, today, we have other options.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Protect the woman & you're a good guy.

Protect the infant & you're a bad guy.

Sums it up quite well.