Help please

tonksy

So I have no sound. The only thing I can think of is that my audio drivers were updated today. I have done a restart and no, it is not muted and yes, my speakers are on and attached. Ideas?

Inkara1

Can you play a CD? If so, that helps steer us down a certain road of possibilities... if not, we can eliminate a few.

catocom

you might check MS updates, since the driver update, to see if MS update site has something.

tonksy

I cannot play a cd...my system is apparently pointed at the right output. Steve is coming over this morning to fix it. Keep your fingers crossed.

catocom

yeah the new driver may have changed something in the "direct sound".

sounds like the options are revert, re-update, the driver, or see if MS has the fix.

Did you update the driver from MS?

catocom

weird, I'm sure he checked it after, and it was working, knowing him,
so how long after did it work before quitting?

tonksy

He didn't check it. He was busy between 2 computers. It's fixed now. I couldn't begin to explain it right...but apparently the new driver changed the configuration and I needed to move my speakers to a different port on my tower.

chcr

Too cute for words
That makes sense. I hate working on two computers at once. Being old and decrepit I tend to forget obvious shit when I do it.

Inkara1

He didn't check it. He was busy between 2 computers. It's fixed now. I couldn't begin to explain it right...but apparently the new driver changed the configuration and I needed to move my speakers to a different port on my tower.

o_O It seems like they should always be plugged into the pastel green jack. Were they not before?

tonksy

It works now...I could care less what plug he stuck it in as long as it works.

It is funny how it worked for weeks in the other and now doesn't though.