Here we go again - Periorbital cellulitis

MrBishop

I wanted to take a moment to wish everyone on here a great big thank you from Mireille, Javier and myself. I've told her about the well-wishes and although she really doesn't know more than a handfull of you, she really appreciates it, as do I :D

UPDATE: She called me a few minutes ago. The surgery is still a go. The swelling in his eye has gone down to the point where he can open it a crack. :swing: The eye is still moving and the white of the eye is still very much white... no infection in the eyeball itself!! :swing:

I'm happy beyond words, but still stressed. Thanks again!

Raven

Annoying SOB
Focus on the good stuff and all will be well :)

Good news on the lack of infection, bodes well for the success of the surgery :)

GOOD LUCK JAG AND GET WELL SOON!

Stop Laughing

Whoa, at least it seems to be working out, just gotta keep fighting it. My best wishes for all of you and for him to have a full and speedy recovery as well. :)

PrincessLissa

We just learned about this in school today. I really hope that the meds work quickly and little one starts feeling better soon!

MrBishop

UPDATE: November 24th, 2004

His eye is doing much better. He's able to open it about half-way. They still plan on keeping him for another 2 days or so until it goes away completely. The sinusitis which prompted isn't budging despite saline nasal injections and the antibiotics. Next week, they'll go for another CT-scan and schedule an operation to drain the sinuses if they havn't drained on their own. In the meanwhile, he's stuck in his room and getting ticked about that. :evilcool:

He's picked up diarrhea somewhere...I worry about c.difficile though his fever-rollercoaster has stopped for the moment.

MrBishop

News of the weird - CFCF-12 , the local news station for Montreal does a Telethon every year. Called the "Telethon of Stars" or "The Foundation for research into Children's Diseases"...this year its on December 5th. The News crew was on Javier's floor yesterday and interviewed/filmed Javier and MrsBish for the Telethon, and they may call us back to appear during the Telethon live!

Raven

Annoying SOB
MrBishop said:
News of the weird - CFCF-12 , the local news station for Montreal does a Telethon every year. Called the "Telethon of Stars" or "The Foundation for research into Children's Diseases"...this year its on December 5th. The News crew was on Javier's floor yesterday and interviewed/filmed Javier and MrsBish for the Telethon, and they may call us back to appear during the Telethon live!
I was going to say congratulations then :retard3:

Still, good to hear JAG is doing better.....more good thoughts and hi to everyone :)

*:hug: for the Bish family*

tonksy

glad to hear the baby is doing better! big hugs to him.

also if he has had an IV in for a while he may be just flushing the extra fluid that way. it happened to me when i was hospitalized for 12 days once and i had an IV for the whole time. i wouldn't worry overly much but make sure the nurses are aware.

Dave

MrBishop said:
He's picked up diarrhea somewhere...I worry about c.difficile though his fever-rollercoaster has stopped for the moment.
not uncommon with antibiotic useage. c-diff has a very distinctive,rank odor. if he's got it, the nurses will know it.

MrBishop

UPDATE: :swing: :swing: :swing: :swing: :swing: :swing: :swing: :swing: :swing: :swing: :swing: :swing: :swing: :swing: :swing:

Bishjr. is getting a series of day-passes!! :D That is...he only has to be in the hospital at 9am for the IV antibiotics and at 13h30 for the Opthamology exam. He gets to sleep at home and play at home and so do we. :D

This'll continue until the eye is back to normal..then we go to oral-antibiotics until the sinuses clear up. Then, we're home free!!!

:swing: :swing: :swing: :swing: :swing: :swing: :swing: :swing: :swing: :swing: :swing: :swing: :swing: :swing: :swing:

Raven

Annoying SOB
MrBishop said:
UPDATE: :swing: :swing: :swing: :swing: :swing: :swing: :swing: :swing: :swing: :swing: :swing: :swing: :swing: :swing: :swing:

Bishjr. is getting a series of day-passes!! :D That is...he only has to be in the hospital at 9am for the IV antibiotics and at 13h30 for the Opthamology exam. He gets to sleep at home and play at home and so do we. :D

This'll continue until the eye is back to normal..then we go to oral-antibiotics until the sinuses clear up. Then, we're home free!!!

:swing: :swing: :swing: :swing: :swing: :swing: :swing: :swing: :swing: :swing: :swing: :swing: :swing: :swing: :swing:
Great news! Good going lil guy!