Hey, BOP!

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
In March, on state highway 2 near Papamoa, New Zealand, police stopped a 32-year-old man driving 121 km/hr (75 mph), with no license and also no arms, having kept relatively good control with one foot on the gas and the other on the steering wheel. He told officers he had been driving that way for years without incident, a fact that amazed police and an amputee interviewed by the New Zealand Herald. The man still got a NZ$170 (US$106) ticket. [New Zealand Herald, 3-24-06]

Have you heard about this???

BeardofPants

:hmm: No...
Les? I suspect that they'd turn him down. They tend to frown on things like blindness and a lack of limbs.

A.B.Normal

Leslie said:
No limb-ed people can get licenses here :confuse3:

Might have a tad bit of a problem with the hand-signals though :retard3:

I've heard/seen people without legs drive ,but without arms is unusual.

Starya

Cars can be modified so that it should work, I guess. My sis-in-law has a modified car, but she's only lacking one arm. Gotta be able to operate all controls with that one though.

unclehobart

Without torso based limbs to make the traditional 'feck off' hand gestures, he would be an incomplete driver.

BoP. How much does the whole drivers license routine cost? Perhaps such a fine was a small price in comparison to a decade behind the wheel.