Hi Guys!! I'm back!!

Berserker

It seems that OT Cnetral has been jumping here and there. Last time it was at www.xibase.com. Now it has it's own url at www.otcentral.com. Why the sudden change???

Is this going to the end for all the confusion?? I've even register my name at xibase thinking that the forum there is OTC... So, xibase and OTC are not related anymore??

:confuse2:

samcurry

Screwing with the code...
Staff member
sorry for the confusion berserker. Its good to see you back though.
The site has always had its own domainname but it is still shared with xibase and thescreensaver on the host.
The change happened at the host end. OTC is a subdomain of XIbase but they were able to set it up so that it appeared to be on its own. so instead of having to go to www.xibase/otc/forums/index.php all you have to type now is www.otcentral.com. makes it very easy to remember.
At some point with the growth we are experiencing im sure OTC will reside on its own host.
:headbang: :headbang:

Berserker

Thanks for the warm welcome guys...

This is gonna be the best OT forums ever. i can't wait to read what you guys are oposting in these few days...

Jerrek...LOL..where did you learn Selamat hari Raya??:D
Do you have any Malaysian friends over your place??

Thanks for the update Samcurry...this forum is looking great and the green color.....:eek:

I will be away for this week, so I would like to wish everyone here a Merry Christmas and A happy New Year

:headbang:

Berserker

PuterTutor said:
Hey Berserker, Welcome back. Hope you stay awhile.

Hi PuterTutor, nice to see you're in here as well...

If it wasn't for fury's email on the new link, I will still be looking for OTC at xibase.com...:headbang:

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
If I'm not over there, I'm usually here. As you can see, I spend a little more time here. I thnk it basically boils down to one thing.

:headbang: :hairbang: :anifingr: :anibang: :trippin: :aheadbng: :beardbng: :hairbng2: :santabng:

Ok, guess that's more than one.

btw, fury, love the santabang. :santabng:

Jeslek

Banned
Berserker said:

This is gonna be the best OT forums ever. i can't wait to read what you guys are oposting in these few days...
Hopefully not too disturbed.... This is LastLegionary btw, I changed my nick to Jerrek ;)

Saya tinggal di Malaysia untuk tiga dan setahun separuh. Nahu saya bagaimana? Orang Melayu saya tidak baik. Saya tidak benar-benar menggunakannya.

(OK so I used a dictionary a bit :D) I lived there for three in a half years in Kuala Lumpur. Jalan Kia Peng in fact, quite near Jalan Tun Razak and the KLCC. I've never been to Sarawak though.

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
Berserker said:
I will be away for this week, so I would like to wish everyone here a Merry Christmas and A happy New Year

Thanks, merry christmas and happy new year to you too :santabng:

fury

Administrator
Staff member
In the past, OTC was accessible by typing www.otcentral.com and being redirected to otcentral.xibase.com/bleh/whatever. With the new host, you still type www.otcentral.com and the site is still technically on a subdomain (otcentral.xibase.com) but this host has a feature on their web server called an addon domain that allows you to make any domain a pointer to any subdomain on the site. That way the URLs stay as www.otcentral.com and there's no more having to memorize or distribute complicated URLs.

Neat, huh?

So, yeah, you could say Xi and OTC are still related, but OTC has on a disguise now.

(Too bad I couldn't fool everyone into thinking Xi is OTC. It's getting kind of lonely there :()

Oh well, glad to hear you found your way back, Berserker.

Berserker

Jerrek said:
Berserker said:

Hopefully not too disturbed.... This is LastLegionary btw, I changed my nick to Jerrek ;)

Saya tinggal di Malaysia untuk tiga dan setahun separuh. Nahu saya bagaimana? Orang Melayu saya tidak baik. Saya tidak benar-benar menggunakannya.

(OK so I used a dictionary a bit :D) I lived there for three in a half years in Kuala Lumpur. Jalan Kia Peng in fact, quite near Jalan Tun Razak and the KLCC. I've never been to Sarawak though.

I'm impressed with your bahasa Malaysia Jerrek...well done.

btw, I will be celebrating Chinese New Year...So, it's Selamat Tahun Baru Cina....

Jeslek

Banned
Well then, Selamat Tahun Baru Cina. Send me some tangerines and oranges... Thats the one thing I like about Chinese New Year. Lots of tangerines and oranges from mainland China (I have a thing for tangerines... eat 5-10 a day).