Hmmm

Windows 2003 Server should be renamed to Wewantallyourmoneyindows 2003 Server, no support for Exchange 2000? c'mon! From what i know active directory can be run if sp3 is installed but it can't run fully on the machine?

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
haven't seen win2k3 yet, but after XP i don't have much high expectations for MS products.

rrfield

I kinda like server 2003. It's installed on 5 systems so far, 0 crashes (over a month), with one system being Very High End machine (PII 400, all PC desktop hardware).

rrfield

rrfield said:
with one system being Very High End machine (PII 400, all PC desktop hardware).

rrfield

Being saracastic there aren't we? :D

Nothing against the OS itself, just the policy of not supporting exchange 2000 when it probably can bloody well run on it, but they wanna sell 2003/enterprise/standard instead of making it compatiable with 2000.

rrfield

Justintime said:
Being saracastic there aren't we? :D

Naaah :p

Justintime said:
Nothing against the OS itself, just the policy of not supporting exchange 2000 when it probably can bloody well run on it, but they wanna sell 2003/enterprise/standard instead of making it compatiable with 2000.

Yeah, I could see that. I never thought about it; until a month ago, we were running an NT4 domain with exchange 5.5. Made a huge leap, Server 2003 domain, exchange 2003 (currently in a "testing" phase since the final version hasn't been released, only the evaluation and RC versions). I never used exchange 2000, but ex2003 is pretty neat, much more robust and fault tolerant then 5.5. OWA actually works as intended and looks almost exactly like Outlook 2003.

rrfield