home office desk

rh71

Anyone know of any good deals or at least good places to find a desk for a home office ? I'm into the "U" shaped desks with the peninsulas and looking to spend as much as $200... $300 if need be. I know it's not a lot, but I have a whole rest of the house to furnish too. BTW, a hutch is not absolutely necessary.. the part with all the shelves and slots that sit on top of the desk.

Thanks.

freako104

what furniture stores have you tried? theres marlo and damn i cant remeber any other names. crap this is going to be one of those that haunt me til i remember. but marlo try that one.

HomeLAN

Take a good look in your local yellow pages for used office furniture or consolidators. That'll probably be your best bet.

rh71

I've looked at OfficeMax and Staples locally and online... but there's gotta be some better deals out there... that's why I'm asking. :)

I'm not willing to pay $400 just for the corner desk with no cabinets or "peninsula" or hutch... and the good stuff was going for that much at these places.

BTW, Marlo is apparently just in the Washington DC area. I'm in NY. Thx.

greenfreak

I know what you're going to say but don't discount it till you see it. Go to Ikea in Hicksville and take a look at what they have. I bought my semi wraparound desk there for a few hundred and I have to say it's not all that bad. Of course, most of their "personal" furniture is crap but go into the "professional" office furniture section and you might find something.

Just do yourself a favor... If you're browsing to buy, make sure you bring a car that can handle double the size of what you think it's going to be. Tying a big long thing to the roof of my Cavalier with that white crappy twine they give you was an adventure. :eek: :D

rh71

That's funny... my new home is in Hicksville about 2 miles south of Ikea. I've been checking the stuff for real and agree most is crap but saw a couple decent desks there, but didn't look close at it since we weren't there for desks at the time. I'll look closer the next time I pass by...

greenfreak

I looked at my desk last night, it's called Effektiv. Their website sucks though, gotta go see it in person. Good luck braving the crowds :)