home

kuulani

How many of us live in near proximity to where we grew up ... and how many can't imagine moving anywhere else?

I was born here, I live here, and I will die here. I like travelling and visiting new places and seeing different cultures, but I always come back home.

ris

born in east england [suffolk], moved to cardiff [wales], not very far in many peoples terms [250miles] but a world away from 'home'.

currently considering moving abraod for a few years, hopefully scandinavia. i can see myself living at home in the future, but not yet. it's a bit quiet and retirementy.

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
I was born in Morelia, but i lived in Mexico City the first 4 years of my life, then moved back to Morelia.

I also like travelling, every time i have money and time i do it (travelling :D ).

greenfreak

I grew up in Levittown (in green) and now live in Long Beach (red star at the bottom). About 20 miles.

I moved to Florida years ago and instantly regretted it. The pace was too much of a shock to me after growing up in NY.

Rusty and I plan on moving to Boston next year or the year after. It's the only place I've visited that I ever felt as 'at home' in as NY.

Attachment(s):

LI_map.jpg, 23.55kb

LI_map.jpg

soniclos

I been living in Chicago for 22 years now. I hate this place, well i hate the snow, cold and the rain. Ok ya i hate most of the time here.

That's why i gonna move to Phoenix at the end of the year.

unclehobart

The house I live in now is 2 miles from my dads place. I lived in that house from the age of 13-18. The prior house was all of 2 miles down the road from that. I lived in that house from about the age of 3. I'm still in the same zip code. The population has 10x increased in 30 years.

nalani

I was born in SanDiego .. Marine Brat ..

raised in Hawai'i .. can't even imagine living anywhere else ..but if I had to for some weirded out reason, I suppose it would have to be in Carson ... cause it's the most like home as far as Hawaiian mentality of taking care of each other

outside looking in

<b>Registered Member</b>
Hmm... was born in Meridian, have lived in Hattiesburg, Laurel, Memphis, Oxford, Starkville, and Biloxi. (I know, doesn't ring a bell for most of you ;)).

I don't care where I live for the next twenty years, but I'd like to settle close to family when I'm older. You know, the whole "take care of your parents" thing.

sbcanada

Originally posted by soniclos
I been living in Chicago for 22 years now. I hate this place, well i hate the snow, cold and the rain.

You think you have it bad? Try living in northern Alberta, Canada. :rofl2:

Jon

Born in Sheffield, UK and lived there for 18 years. Now I live in Manchester, UK, and I like it so much, I seriously doubt I'll go back to live in Sheffield again (apart from this summer when I have to go back for 2 months :()

MuFu

Was born in the ghetto in Epsom, Surrey, UK. Lived in Dorking, Surrey till I was 12 and then moved to Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire. Now I'm living in a tiny, smelly room in Loughborough University with an abnormally fast internet connection good for only one thing... :eek:

:headbang:

MuFu.

Has its moments though...

Attachment(s):

Sunset Elvyn.jpg, 33.70kb

Sunset Elvyn.jpg

ris

ahhh, i fondly remember my student halls in cardiff. lving in a 3x4m box so tightly packed with storage that you couldn't open more than two cupboards at once because the doors got jammed D

i'd never go back, i enjoy making a humungous mess far too much [plus you can't fit an a0 drawing board into a room that size]