How can i output some audio from powerdvd to a file?

HeXp£Øi±

Any type of file, how do i do it. I tried soundrecorder and cooledit to no evail. I hope mentioning that i want to ad an audio clip to the Cats thread doesn't prevent anyone from helping me. :D

equinoxe3d

Sound recording proggies should work if you select Wave or What you hear/all sources from the soundcard recording mixer. You might try to shut down any DD/DTS/EAX/whatever surround mode you have enabled though.

Aunty Em

A shame you don't have SB Live!

There's a creative recorder included in the software which records "What u hear". I've recorded plenty of songs off the net via broadband and converted them from wav to mp3. Also from video files, etc. Who says the record industry can prevent their CDs from being copied? There'll always a way around it. ;)

HeXp£Øi±

Actually i do have Soundblaster Live. I just make it a general rule not to use the software most hardware companies give out because it is for the most part crap.

equinoxe3d

The thing I talked about (what you hear) can be accessed via the software, like Aunty Em said, but also from the Windows mixer under Properties -> Recording.

Aunty Em

HeXp£Øi± said:
Actually i do have Soundblaster Live. I just make it a general rule not to use the software most hardware companies give out because it is for the most part crap.
I usually do a custom install and only take what I want, in this case Audio HQ and Recorder, the rest of it is just so much useless padding. Plus I strip down to the bear essential at start-up and don't have software running until I want to use it. :)

The thing I talked about (what you hear) can be accessed via the software, like Aunty Em said, but also from the Windows mixer under Properties -> Recording.

I find creative recorder better, but then I have ME. :)