How Is The New Server

fury

Administrator
Staff member
The 'Vette, and it pwns! :beerbang:

Haven't noticed any slowdowns at all. Page generation times are consistently low. Server load averages are 0 (but you knew that :D)

Page downloads themselves seem a lot quicker too (e.g. ctrl+refreshing doesn't suddenly slow down in the middle of loading all the images anymore)

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
We're on a Vette now? Cool..... We don't have to pay for the insurance do we? Cause having an 18 year old male in the drivers seat is bound to triple the liability coverage.

I'd have to say that so far it's great. I have only had one little hangup and that was a few hours ago. Since then the page loads are almost instant.

catocom

They switched over to two fiber-optic lines too just in the last 6mos.
Must be your isp winky. :nerd:

samcurry

Screwing with the code...
Staff member
Yes they have been very good for us. Very speedy compared to what we used to have.

Inkara1

Things coule be worse. This could be JJR512.com. There' every time he would find a good server, he'd switch hosting providers to get a better price. When he'd do that, page timeouts were the rule, not the exception. It got to the point where I copied every post longer than two sentences into notepad so that I wouldn't lose everything I'd typed when I would get hit with the dreaded "the page cannot be displayed" message

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
Oh yeah, if I had every post I typed before the new server, well, my post count would be down right whoreish.

A.B.Normal

PT said:
Oh yeah, if I had every post I typed before the new server, well, my post count would be down right whoreish.

You mean 13,856 isn't Whoreish???

[cough]
pw.gif
[/cough]

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
Inkara1 said:
Things coule be worse. This could be JJR512.com. There' every time he would find a good server, he'd switch hosting providers to get a better price. When he'd do that, page timeouts were the rule, not the exception. It got to the point where I copied every post longer than two sentences into notepad so that I wouldn't lose everything I'd typed when I would get hit with the dreaded "the page cannot be displayed" message
That happened with previous hosts too. Steve rocks. :headbang:

catocom

I don't think anybody's going to beat IH's prices, at least not by
enough to make it worth switching.
They just bought out another hosting place "bluewho.com".
It's the second aquistion since I've been with um.
(they also bought out "HTTPme.com")