How many miles do you put on your car?

Vortex

Inkara1 said:
Hope your Ka turns out to be of good quality... and not a piece of ka-ka.
LOL, nha, should be fine. Over here, I don't think Ford has that much of a bad name... but if I were to buy crap, I would have gone for a Land Rover... those are more likely to fall apart than a Ford over here :D

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
My 96 F-150 had about 76k when I bought it almost 2 year sago. It now has around 90,000. I don't drive much *snicker*

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
According to my bill of sale my new car has 100km on it

I get it in less than 3 hours *runs around all excited*

Inkara1

So was it sitting on the lot and you bought from dealer inventory? If so, why did you have to wait two days to get it? If not, why does it have that many km on it?

HomeLAN

Might've been brought over from another dealer, and/or it may have had a few test drives. Mine had around 50 on it, as I recall.

Inkara1

For a car that's on the lot, that makes sense. For a car that has to be delivered from GM, it doesn't. It also seems like any other dealer within 100km would be able to get the car over by the next day instead of in two days.

Slim Pickens

We are still here...Red is taking a hiatus from the boards, for now...between work, and getting ready for M & M, and shuttling Peanut everywhere while her daddy is still in country, things are a little crazy

Professur

Work, three kids. half a dozen parental figures, and only a little crazy? You need to be giving seminars.

BTW, did you know that your av used to be a footman's spear tip? One of the nastiest for that matter. The hooks were designed to pull cavalry off their horses, and once you had them off balance, they'd impale themselves on the short tip as they fell.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Turns out the car had 247km on it. It was on the lot the day I bought it but it needed to be detailed (mmmmm freshly washed car) and I was in no rush.

Slim Pickens

Professur said:
Work, three kids. half a dozen parental figures, and only a little crazy? You need to be giving seminars.

BTW, did you know that your av used to be a footman's spear tip? One of the nastiest for that matter. The hooks were designed to pull cavalry off their horses, and once you had them off balance, they'd impale themselves on the short tip as they fell.

SWEET!:beardbng:

Slim Pickens

BTW, only 5 parentals, unless you start configuring in all of the grandparents, etc.

As for the FdL, it is recognized as a symbol of those of us lucky enough to reside in coon-ass land.

For the uninitiated, BTW, Cajuns are descendants of the Acadians, i.e. bloodlined...

Coon-asses are Southern Louisianians, and guilt by association.

As SnP would say, American by birth, and Southern by the grace of God...being a coon-ass is just bonus

Professur

Slim Pickens said:
BTW, only 5 parentals, unless you start configuring in all of the grandparents, etc.

As for the FdL, it is recognized as a symbol of those of us lucky enough to reside in coon-ass land.

For the uninitiated, BTW, Cajuns are descendants of the Acadians, i.e. bloodlined...

Coon-asses are Southern Louisianians, and guilt by association.

As SnP would say, American by birth, and Southern by the grace of God...being a coon-ass is just bonus

That gives you blood ties to New Brunswick. You should come up home. I can take you for great lobster dinner (fresh off the boat) over Reversing Falls. Then we can go see the Tidal Bore and the highest tides in world.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Professur said:
That gives you blood ties to New Brunswick. You should come up home. I can take you for great lobster dinner (fresh off the boat) over Reversing Falls. Then we can go see the Tidal Bore and the highest tides in world.

I wanna see reversing falls, would you take ME out for lobster? :D

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Professur said:
I'll take you to lobster ....

But would you really want to drive that far in winter?

Lobster season is NOW silly man

I'm getting lobster on Sunday when my Nan comes from Newfoundland