How to disable "new thread" mails??

Mephisto

How to disable "new thread" mails??

I get one for each new thread, although I think I disabled each and every message option in "profile" and "options".

JJR512

Question: Why does every email have the subject of "New thread in *whatever forum*", when really, the email is about a new reply to an existing thread?

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Will add this to my list of broken things to unbreak.

Is it always sending you the notifications for the threads you already unsubscribed to? There may be something stuck in the subscription list, I'll have to check into that.

May have to disable it until I can figure out what's wrong.

a13antichrist

Heh.. imagine that. :)

Here's something else you mmight like to fix - the board doesn't realise it's Daylight Saving Time in most of the northern Hemisphere at the moment.. ;)

fury

Administrator
Staff member
It doesn't account for daylight savings time

Mephisto: Did you look on the "Favorites" page in the profile center?

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Originally posted by JJR512
Question: Why does every email have the subject of "New thread in *whatever forum*", when really, the email is about a new reply to an existing thread?
This board is not natively English... there's bound to be some errors in the translation from German

Mephisto

I don't have any subscriptions in my Favourites section and still keep getting these mails. Help!

This board is not natively English... there's bound to be some errors in the translation from German
Hey, why don't just use the German version? :D

outside looking in

<b>Registered Member</b>
German would be cool... I'd keep posting, if I could figure out which buttons where which. ;)

On second though, that would probably be a pain in the ass. :D

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Mephisto, I manually killed off the remaining 5 subscriptions that were lingering around in the database. Let me know if you still get subscription emails, because if that's the case I think what may have happened is that you subscribed to a forum and the board is not making it obvious that you have

Mephisto

Thanks it seems to have stopped.
Yeah, looks like the Favourites section in the profile doesn't seem to display threads you subscribed to.