Howard Dean

flavio

Banned
HeXp£Øi± said:
Sure it is but for the most part we already know why. With dean though it's the uknown and we always tend to fear the unknown more than the known. If he's already hiding shit what's he going to be like when he's in office. Anyway Deans cover-ups are not an argument for Bush but against Dean.

Why do you think you know wha Bush is hiding?

I think Bush and Dean should both release these records. You can vote on the issue for Dean here though.

HeXp£Øi±

I'm curious CH- do you think we should have gone into SA instead or ?? What would you have done that you think would have made a difference other than going into Iraq?

Squiggy

ThunderDick
I think the obvious is Daddy's involvement in the Iran/Contra thing...and we already know that the first invasion of Iraq didn't have to happen because Russia had already negotiated Iraq's withdrawl from Kuwait...If it gets worse than that, It would get REALLY sad....

HeXp£Øi±

Squiggy said:
I DEFINATELY think we should have gone into SA....They were the enemy of record. Not Iraq.

Squiq, if we went into SA do you really think we wouldn't be at war with Iraq at this moment? On the contrary, i think we'd be at war with just about the entire Arab world had we done that.

Squiggy

ThunderDick
Possibly. But we would have the backing of the rest of the world and we would have been true to ourselves and those who died 9/11....We said we were going after "them" and instead we found a place to put on a "show"...It was and is disgracful...

HeXp£Øi±

Squiggy said:
Possibly. But we would have the backing of the rest of the world and we would have been true to ourselves and those who died 9/11....We said we were going after "them" and instead we found a place to put on a "show"...It was and is disgracful...

Is it possible that you just don't understand or agree with our current strategy? I didn't agree with going into Iraq under the circumstances we did but i understand the stratagy and i don't believe it was to put on a show. I think these conservatives simply believe in a domino theory of sorts and with good reason. Many say that you can't have a democracy in this part of the world but Turkey and Pakistan are two examples of a good start. Iran has the ability to fold and if we can turn Iraq into a free nation the balance will have changed drastically in the region imo.

Squiggy

ThunderDick
And SA gets a free pass for 9/11?...They are no better with human rights than prewar Iraq. And, as stated so frequently, the center of Islam...Why wouldn't we go for the throat?

HeXp£Øi±

Squiggy said:
And SA gets a free pass for 9/11?...They are no better with human rights than prewar Iraq. And, as stated so frequently, the center of Islam...Why wouldn't we go for the throat?

WOW! I can't believe what i'm hearing! You sound like more of a hawk than Reagan or Wolfowitz! :D

HeXp£Øi±

Squiggy said:
I never thought of you as that far right...:shrug:

I consider myself right but mostly because i agree with the conservative christians on some of the heaviest issues. On the test we took awhile back though which was a four point grid i actually scored just two points left of Ghandi.

ris

HeXp£Øi± said:
Is it possible that you just don't understand or agree with our current strategy? I didn't agree with going into Iraq under the circumstances we did but i understand the stratagy and i don't believe it was to put on a show. I think these conservatives simply believe in a domino theory of sorts and with good reason. Many say that you can't have a democracy in this part of the world but Turkey and Pakistan are two examples of a good start. Iran has the ability to fold and if we can turn Iraq into a free nation the balance will have changed drastically in the region imo.

pakistan is currently a military dictatorship, but in this case the us/uk deem it ok to be a military dictatorship, have and pursue nucleur arms and be a threat to the stability of the region.

i don't disagree that the ideology of creating a democratic iraq is a fine cause, i am not sure that the domino effect is a reality however. my concern comes in the execution of the action and support given to a country that through the actions of conflict we share responsibility for in the short term. i look at the situation in afghanistan, something that seems to have been largely ignored since the moves into iraq and am disappointed.

i think the evidence that the action taken against iraq was part of the war on terrorism is slim at best, information being revealed here during the hutton enquiry seems to indicate that the threat posed by iraq in terms of terror or to the region was quite low.

Inkara1

My economic policies for America are based on four fundamentals:

Repeal the Bush tax cuts, and use those funds to pay for universal health care, homeland security, and investments in job creation that benefit all Americans.

Where are the other two fundamentals? We have two: raise taxes and spend the extra revenue on his "priorities."

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Since we seem to have a penchant for beating a dead horse, let's consider where we are in Iraq.

The vast majority of it's former leaders are dead or in jail. The Ba'ath party members is trying to destabilize it as quickly as we fix it. (sounds like the remaining Nazi party)

The infrastructure, while in need of serious re-tooling, is getting back up. Their power grid makes ours look outstanding. The other utilities are almost as bad. In spite of this, there is a light at the end of the tunnel. It just so happens that between us & that light is my next point.

We no longer need to go looking for terrorists. They're streaming across the border, coming to us. While, initially, that's scary, they are dealing with the mightiest military in the history of mankind. Should a few dozen countries send troops to Iraq to assist with policing, our guys can get on with their job, killing & breaking stuff. Part of this will, eventually, include Hamas & friends. "Bring it on" is working.