how's the social scene where you live?

dan

i love the city i go to uni in. there's so much going on, the nightlife especially is great. and seeing as there's 60,000 students in the city everything is cheap cheap cheap.

i'd say i go out most nights... probably 6 or 7 nights a week (when at uni). generally between 2 and 4 of those will be to a nightclub, the rest will just be going down the pub.

oddly, saturday ends up being the night i'm most likely to stay in and not do anything...

there's so many different nightclubs etc to go to that there's a list of options for every day of the week. i love it!

how about where you live? you might not care about drinking and dancing, so how well does where you live fit the sort of stuff you like to do? and what is that stuff?!

Shadowfax

<b>mod cow</b>
social scene here in vlaardingen is pretty boring...there is one irish pub i go to sometimes, but that's basically it...
rotterdam can be more fun, but i rarely go there, since the change of being stabbed or something is greater than the fun.

Jeslek

Banned
Waterloo, ON is also pretty much a student town. We've got three universities here and about 10 or more colleges. I do not do clubs though, and I don't often go to bars. From what I hear nightlife is pretty good. Perhaps not as good as Toronto, but certainly good. Mind you, this is only what I hear.

I go out during the day for most part, not as much evenings.

As for the things I like to do... well, there is an airstrip not too far away (I like flying), we've got a few great social clubs, good skiing grounds and snowboarding facilities, a few skydiving schools, a few movie theaters (including a digital theater), and a probably a lot of other stuff that does not come to mind right now.

The social life here is pretty exciting and pretty lively. Lots of things go on all the time.

greenfreak

I live in a summer town, lots going on here with the beaches and the main strip which has clubs and restaurants galore. Not so locally I have NYC a train-ride away.

unclehobart

Supposedly Atlanta is a helluva strip club paradise and is more than choked with its share of brain dead looksist yuppie meat market clubs.

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
Social Scene? I'm afraid I'm not familiar with that phrase, enlighten me?

AlladinSane

Campo Bom sucks. As it does Novo Hamburgo. I can drive 20 km to São Leopoldo or 50 to Porto Alegre to find a cool club. But now in summer almost all the people and shows are at the coast which means 120 km to our beach house and more 30 to the cool places...

BlurOfSerenity

um, i hang out with my friends... that's the only way i can really describe it.
movies, bowling, lots of places to shop and eat at, people like to do stuff around here.

Ardsgaine

In Panacea? Yeah, it's still there. I've never eaten at it. I've eaten at Angelo's once or twice, though. Did you used to live up here, or were you just passing through?

Q

I lived up there in '85. I worked at the Oaks and The St. Marks Restaurant.

Ardsgaine

Oh, wow! You weren't very far from here at all. Where were you living at the time?

The St. Marks Restaurant... I'm not sure where that one is exactly. I'm guessing it's in St. Marks, but the only restaurants I've been to there are the Riverside and the one in the Sweet Magnolia Inn.

Q

St. Marks Restaurant is(was) right in downtown ST. Marks :D
We lived in a trailer in St. Marks fish camp until hurricane Elana dumped about 4 feet of water in the trailer. That was very bizarre. The water got so high it floated a buncha boats out of the dry dock and when the water went down all the boats were in the trees. Big boats. Tall trees. It was one of the weirest things I ever saw. I would have taken a picture, but the camera wouldn't work...even after I dumped the water out of it. :(

Before that we lived in Crawfordville and after that we lived in Tallahassee.

Squiggy

ThunderDick
One time...I was surrouded by indians....this was back before they became Native Americans, mind you. So they were still indians...Indians to the north of me. Indians to the south of me. Indians to the west of me. Indians to the east of me. Everywhere I turned it was indians....