HWC is under the knife

BadBrain

I stopped by HWC and there's a message that it's currently undergoing the transformation to vbulletin and check back in a couple hours.

I kinda like it the way it is.

I hope its an improvement though.

Do you think its gonna be better or are they gonna mess it up?

fury

Administrator
Staff member
vBulletin owns UBB 5.4
trippin.gif

It's not all that big of a learning curve from UBB 5.4 to vBulletin. There are a lot more features to choose from, but there's little doubt they're probably going to strip it bare (e.g. no thread view counts, tiny avatars, no custom titles, no private messages, no attachments, no vB code, very few smilies, no who's online, no Currently Active Users, no members list, and a limited search) just as they did on Sharky's

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
If they leave the black dots on the threads in which you post, then is fine with me.

G

Sorry man, I didn't see this thread. I removed the thread I started. :headbang:

Luis G

Staff member
:D

How long is it going to take Toolbox?
Are we going to have avatars now?
Attachments?
The black dots indicating threads in which we've posted?

Toolbox™

It will literally take only a few hours.

Justintime... you are my priority! I promise not to forget you and I am checking why your e-mails to me are being sent back... thanks for letting me know!

Toolbox™

How long is it going to take Toolbox?

Its up and running already now!

Are we going to have avatars now?

I think they are enabled? Not sure though!

Attachments?

I'll find out!

The black dots indicating threads in which we've posted?

I have no idea what that is!

fury

Administrator
Staff member
I was in the middle of the thing while it appeared to have been still converting the posts and it wasn't closed just yet. Kinda funny to see it contain no posts after 2000 :D

fury

Administrator
Staff member
The black dots are a common feature in most vBulletin boards. They show up if you have participated in a specific thread.

BadBrain

Surgery successful.

Seems like HWC has alot of new features. It'll take a while to get used to but it looks pretty good.

To commemmorate the event I started an AMD vs Intel thread in the CPU forum :D

Luis G

Staff member
LOL :D

It still needs some work, i already posted in feedback what i think it needs to be fixed first.