Hypothetical question

Psycho

I honestly don't know the answer to that question. Unless it's the kind of situation BeerMat proposed offcourse...

flavio

Banned
No jokes allowed? What are you considering dying or something?

Welp. I would cut my friends hair for a lemoncake...but I don't really like lemoncake.

edit: I just realized I can't cut hair either.

75renegade

"Greater love has no one than this........that he lay down his life for his friends"

What is this life, if not worth giving for the one we love. If to preserve another who might live onto share the same kind of of love for another.

Me yes.................family or friend, jus' doesn't matter!

Coffee Bean

Absolutely not.

Instinct is to survive. Why fight instinct for some idealogical, philosophical self-rightous standard?

Scanty

Because it might not be a borrowed philosophy or self-righteous in any way. You never know until you've experienced it yourself.

Scanty

but not the self sacrifice....obviously :D

edit: Unless you're communicating to me from the afterlife!! :eek: :D

Coffee Bean

To me, saying, "I would die before letting my friend die" seems like one is saying, "I care more about my fellow man than you do".

I.E. perhaps a bit self rightous.

Seriously, I didn't mean to get into so many arguments so quickly. Can I still play?

Scanty

CB, this is not an argument. We're just discussing things. My point was simply, you don't know anything for sure and you're only gonna get a clearer answer if you actually experience it. Then you mentioned that you had experienced survival instinct so I had to bring it back to the dying-for-someone-else topic. I myself, don't have a decided viewpoint on the ultimate sacrifice cos I couldn't possibly know all the factors that may be an influence in that type of situation.

Jeslek

Banned
Mhh, I don't see myself dying as an old man in bed. Either murdered, or dying for something I believe in.

freako104

i dont see the self rightousness in it i jsut see it as caring about a loved one and hoping for their well being. i dont care anymore for my fellow man than you.