I am Legend

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Never read it. Didn't know it existed before this movie.

That said, the movie was a surprisingly excellent bit of filmmaking. Expect a bazillion copycats by Easter.

BeardofPants

Gonna see it tonight. Wasn't originally (not a Will Smith fan), but then I heard that the book inspired quite a few in the genre.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
They're neither zombies or vampires...both imply that they're dead...they're not dead, they've just been exposed to some sort of virus...they are very much alive, they've just lost their typical human tendencies.

Altron

I thought it was exciting.

It seemed a little bit rushed, I would have liked more backstory and explainations and character development and stuff.

There were some logistic things that bothered me, namely the scene involving Fred near Grand Central, to be vague enough to not spoil anything.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
They're neither zombies or vampires...both imply that they're dead...they're not dead, they've just been exposed to some sort of virus...they are very much alive, they've just lost their typical human tendencies.

Democrats, then.

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
I heard about the movie, and sounds like the made a travesty of the original story, go rent the Vincent Price version, more true to the book, and that makes the name "I am Legend" make sense.

Altron

Well, there's also the possibility that he set it himself and forgot about it. I don't think that's true in this movie, although I've heard that's what happens in the book.

They're just not very clear about it, and if you look closely, the details of it aren't really in line with the rest of the movie.

BeardofPants

Well, there's also the possibility that he set it himself and forgot about it. I don't think that's true in this movie, although I've heard that's what happens in the book.

They're just not very clear about it, and if you look closely, the details of it aren't really in line with the rest of the movie.

I don't know about the book, but it's clearly NOT set up by him in the movie as he doesn't know who placed the store mannequin there (thereby implying that someone else did it).