I decided to play tonight

chcr

Too cute for words
samcurry said:
so your saying the neighbors might get suspicious with me walking around with my laptop and a big can attached to my head? :)
Just tell 'em it keeps the guys in the black helicopters away. They'll leave you alone. ;)

HomeLAN

For awhile there, I saw one of my neighbors hanging out in another neighbor's garage for about an hour every day with his laptop.

It's stopped now, wonder if he got caught?

Huge

I don't think I have enough wifi routers in my area...

wifi.jpg

samcurry

Screwing with the code...
Staff member
Damn you, damn you man. Now ive got to make a few changes. Off to change my firewall settings.

samcurry

Staff member
ok so im back out here again on the wireless. This is great. gotta get some software to protect me identiy though. dont want someone figuring out who i am.

Inkara1

I bought a wireless router mainly because it was cheaper than the wired. I have both computers wired in, though, so I turned off the wireless part for the time being.

samcurry

Staff member
thats prolly a good thing inky. After doing some reading lastnight i even found software to break wep on the fly. unbelievable. The proggies that are free to do this is staggering.

HomeLAN

Which is part of the reason why I don't go to great lengths on residential networks. I basically just try to keep the neighbors out (SAMMY~!).

Inkara1

On mine I figured, why open myself up to that if I'm not even going to use the wireless part now?

unclehobart

Its why I go to great lengths to run huge bundles of ugly wires all over my house. Noone is going to cybersneak up on my butt.

HomeLAN

Oh, they can. That's an always on connection you have there, big boy. They'll just come through that instead of your router/switch.

Again, though, you've taken precautions against the amateur/accident, and the truly determined and skilled will get you anyhow.

chcr

Too cute for words
HomeLAN said:
Oh, they can. That's an always on connection you have there, big boy. They'll just come through that instead of your router/switch.

Again, though, you've taken precautions against the amateur/accident, and the truly determined and skilled will get you anyhow.

I always figure (rightly I hope) that the truly determined and skilled have better things to do than fool with my stuff.