<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
*has 1-2 years old WD and Maxtor*
*prays to his non-existant God to keep my drives working*

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
Professur said:
You don't make backups, it's your own damn fault.

i do backups often, but there's always information lost. 100MB of data is not too much if you got it from the net, but if it was part of something you've been working on......well it is too much and you should have backed it up.

The thing i hate about drives crashing is the complete reinstalls you have to make, customizing, etc.....etc

fury

Administrator
Staff member
I don't have a CD burner, it's the drive's damn fault for not being able to last 2 years til I finally got a burner that worked.

Inkara1

If you have a WD, it's only a matter of time until the bearing gives out or the heads crash. At least the customer service department is excellent.

Aunty Em

it's only a matter of time until the bearing gives out or the heads crash.

Yep, that's exactly what my Quantum Fireball AS did a couple of months back - lost 2 gigs of programming data. Got a Maxtor now, but I still don't trust this thing.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
I currently have 2 quantum drives

LOVE them I do!

One is a 1.2gb and the other a 6gb (that tells ya how old they are!)

Inkara1

Nix, you don't happen to have a Quantum Bigfoot, do you? One of those 5 1/4" hard drives... I haven't heard anything good about that drive's speed nor its reliability.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
I know that there were bigger ones before.

Mine is normal for NOW though

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
I know, Nix. I know. Don't take it as a shot at your age, take it as me being an old fart.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
OK

I was not taking it as a shot at my age. I am the perfect age (well, in 1.5 months i will be).Old enough to legally consume alcohol but still young enough to be care and worry free! :D

fury

Administrator
Staff member
5.25 inches?

Mine is just normal size...
:eek:

:D

I had the misfortune of experiencing a Quantum Slowfoot... 3 of them :sick:

Let's just say I'm a bit bitter towards Quantum now...