I HATE plumbers!

MrBishop

So...I sprout a leak...coming from the ceiling of my laundry room/library. I look under the sink in the kitchen (right above it)...no leak there. I open up the ceiling of the laundry room...no leak there. Hmmm

I see water...none of it spouting...all of it dripping. So...

I cut through the bottom of my cupboards under the sink...voila...a leak.
/me goes out and buys a few compression couplers, cuts the water, cuts the pipe...fits the new one in place...voila!

NO.

The pipe cracks...all the way down. Major leak. Cut off the water again. Now I've got to remove the pipe from below the 'floor' to a T-coupling down in the laundry room. Great...cept its a fuckin' rats-nest of pipes down there from teh plumber who laid and then modified the piping when this house was built...

I HATE plumbers!
I'll have to post a pic...what a fucking mess...and guess who gets to fix it?

you guessed it. ME!
:crying4:

unclehobart

I love my plumber. We've been best buds since grade 7. He works at cost... plus a little under the table... if you know what I mean.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
unclehobart said:
I love my plumber. We've been best buds since grade 7. He works at cost... plus a little under the table... if you know what I mean.

Who get's to wear the knee-pads when you pay 'under the table'? :lol2:

unclehobart

A pic of either would violate the AUP, half of the UN genocide treaties, the Geneva Convention Treaty, all of the laws of divinity and man... and quite possibly get me an honorable mention at the next county fair.

PostCode

Major contributor!
unclehobart said:
A pic of either would violate the AUP, half of the UN genocide treaties, the Geneva Convention Treaty, all of the laws of divinity and man... and quite possibly get me an honorable mention at the next county fair.

Only an honerable mention. pfftt

Mare

unclehobart said:

Gots to have the # of Unc's plumber!!! :devious:

Inkara1

Hmm... a plumber who works for the cost of parts plus five minutes of head... I guess it's not THAT bad of a deal if you don't have to swallow.

Bish: Duct tape fixes everything. :D

MrBishop

Inkara1 said:
Hmm... a plumber who works for the cost of parts plus five minutes of head... I guess it's not THAT bad of a deal if you don't have to swallow.

Bish: Duct tape fixes everything. :D

Duct-tapes works well on ducts...not on 5/8" copperpipes :(

I've got 100MPH tape... but its not waterproof.

I was working on this until 9pm last night... finally able to turn on the water without flooding the place. :swing:

I was talking about a pic of the mess of pipes...but since I was the plumber in question who fixed it...and if you still want a pic of a plumbers-crack...I'll talk with MrsBish and see what I can do f'r you, m'kay?

Inkara1

MrBishop said:
Duct-tapes works well on ducts...
No, it doesn't. That's the one thing duct tape doesn't work well for. There's a shiny metal tape that comes rolled up with its sticky side against wax paper. That's what works for ducts.