I kept saying this and the Libs, here, denied it.

Discussion in 'Kiddie Korner' started by jimpeel, Jul 21, 2010.

1. jimpeel

jimpeel Well-Known Member

Now there are documents and e-mails which prove Liberal bias in the MSM.

SOURCE

2. ResearchMonkey

ResearchMonkey Well-Known Member

....AND THIS IS A SURPRISE TO YOU JIM?

3. jimpeel

Which part? The part about the MSM being biased to the left or the part about the Libs defending them?

4. spike

spike New Member

Absolutely correct. The Reverend Wright crap was tabloid nonsense when we should have been talking about real issues that affect the people.

I'm not sure how you think this proves liberal bias. This was anti-tabloid bias which should be commended. Even if it was

The MSM is obviously biased towards the right, especially Fox and the Daily Caller where your story is coming from. All you have to do is look at them promoting and covering even the tiniest of Tea Party rallies while almost completely ignoring gigantic rallies on immigration or gay rights.

One incident is all I need to claim the MSM is always right wing biased right Jim? Is that how your generalizations work?

I like how this is nowhere to be found in any legit publication and even Fox distances themselves form by saying "an online mag says this, not us".

"The Daily Caller, an online publication founded by Tucker Carlson, a conservative contributor for Fox News." <- When Fox is telling you the mag is right wing biased you better believe it.

5. Professur

Professur Well-Known Member

I believe the point you're missing Spike, has nothing to do with Who the media were covering, Which media was covering or What they were covering ... but the fact that they Were actively covering, and in an organized fashion. The press has certain freedoms, based on the charge of reporting the news in an unbiased and honest fashion. The actions of these men comes close to falling under the umbrella of fraud where the balance of coverage rules are concerned. These press men were giving active support to one candidate or party ... to the detriment of others.

Perhaps this Rev. Wright angle was 'tabloidery' ....perhaps not. Obama acknowledged this guy as an influence. The Rev. IS a public figure as well.

6. 2minkey

2minkey bootlicker

this means nothing, jim.

there's some liberal in the media, ya say?

yeah, i'm sure all the right wing pabulum pukers never talk to each other...

foxnews IS mainstream media.

at the end of the day the only real bias the MSM has today is STUPIDITY, as we've shifted into a mode of journalism that only spews out blurbs and bumperstickers into this spasmodic circus that american political culture has become.

7. MrBishop

MrBishop Well-Known Member

Frankly, the MSM has a right-wing bias for the same reason that most tv shows have a similar bias...they're slaves to their advertisers (Corporations) who prefer to stand on the most safe and banal side of the left/right argument, where they think their customers (the people) are.

That's why advertisers balk at 'embarrassing news events', and threathen to remove their ad money and why news media chooses what's newsworthy.

"Don't embarrass the advertisers"

8. jimpeel

You are known by the company you keep. In this case he was associating with racists and terrorists; and you were okay with that?

Biased to the right like the Boston Globe, Los Angeles Times, San Francisco Chronicle, New York Times, The Atlanta Journal Constitution, MSNBC, NBC, CNN, Cynthia Tucker, Kieth Olberman, Chris Matthews, Alan Colmes, et al?

I have posted numerous threads on this issue and you know it. After all, you participated in those threads.

"Nowhere to be found" eh? I keep telling you to get a better search engine. There are many commentaries on this out there, pro and con.

You mean legit outlets like The Washington Examiner, Salon, The Washington Independent, USA Today, or Slate?

9. jimpeel

This might put some perspective on the story for you.

CLICK HERE

10. jimpeel

How about this commentary on the Liberal bias of the Washington Post?

SOURCE

11. spike

spike New Member

Bush associated himself with far more unsavory characters that you were fine with and Limbaugh is more racist than Wright and you seem to like that guy. What's with the double standard.

Some of those a pretty centrist but I would say biased to the right like Fox, WSJ, Newsmax, WND, Heritage Foundation, Glenn Beck, Sean Hannity, Rush Limbaugh, and so many others.

Yes, I remember we determined the MSM is generally biased to the right.

Yeah, I found those with my search engine.

Wash Examiner: You linked to a blog talking about the Daily Caller story.

Salon: A story about how Tucker is misrepresenting things in the Daily Caller.

Washington Independent: A story about Tucker launching the Daily Caller. Not relevant although it makes it clear that the Caller is a biased source.

USA Today: You actually linked to a Washington Post article disputing the Daily Caller article. Good read.

Slate: You linked to a forum post. You realize that doesn't reflect the position of Slate right?

So Jim you took a story from the heavily right wing biased Tucker that no legit outlet is reporting (except to comment or debunk the Caller article).

Now we know there's one more right wing biased news source out there though.

Here's some deliberate bias from Fox and Andrew Brietbart.

12. 2minkey

2minkey bootlicker

hmmm. seems like jim still thinks he can cobble together random crap into something meaningful.

13. Gotholic

Gotholic Well-Known Member

You really think a guy preaching Black Liberation Theology that Obama has been going to see for 20 years is a non-issue?

14. spike

spike New Member

Sounds just as reasonable as a lot of other christian teachings.

15. Gotholic

Gotholic Well-Known Member

16. 2minkey

2minkey bootlicker

i think you're looking for reasons to get upset about obama_anything. but you didn't ask me.

17. spike

spike New Member

I'm not seeing the problem. What is the issue Goth?

Seems way less nutty than the evangelicals who were close to Bush.

18. catocom

catocom Well-Known Member

this passage comes to mind...

http://kingjbible.com/2_thessalonians/2.htm

19. 2minkey

2minkey bootlicker

wow. the truth shall set us free. now we just need to figure out whose truth that is. until then, all that stuff is directionless gobbledegook.

20. catocom

catocom Well-Known Member

Jesus said "I am the Truth"/
    Those are the words I count first and for most.
    IMO Those are the "Truths that are self evident".