I know this isn't popular anymore

greenfreak

I'm witchoo.

American%20Flag.gif

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
I'm quite proud to be an American as well. I hope I haven't given the impression I wasn't.

Jeslek

Banned
Coffee Bean said:
I know it's not cool to be proud of the USA anymore, but I am.
Hm, what gave you that impression? I think it is exremely cool to be proud of who you are, especially of your country(s). And I don't give a fuck what the liberal twats say. In Sweden its even illegal to sing the anthem certain times of the year because "we are a multicultural society." Fuck that. Its one nation and those that move there (immigrants) either become like you or can fuck off.

I love this country, and my fellow countrymen.
In the numerous countries I've been, USA is #1, and Canada #2. Home, sweet home. ;)

Squiggy

ThunderDick
I, too, am proud to be an American. But I am troubled by all of the "faux patriots" who love to wrap themselves in our flag and wave their sticks while trying to brand people as traitors for being smart enough to rise above emotion and voice rational thoughts.

i.e. Where was your flag on September10, 2001?

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
Mine wasn't flying, but I had one. It flys on Memorial Day, Veteran's day, and the 4th of July, has for 15 years now.

Squiggy

ThunderDick
:D It was a rhetorical question. No answers needed..just food for thought. And certainly not directed at anyone in particular.

Jeslek

Banned
Squiggy said:
:D It was a rhetorical question. No answers needed..just food for thought. And certainly not directed at anyone in particular.
Yes I know :D But still, I love my flags.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
I went to Europe several years ago & upon returning, I had a new respect for what, and who, we are. Being proud to be an American is a wonderful thing. As long as we don't confuse patriotism with towing the line. Isn't that one of our greatest rights & responsibilities? Fighting with our government.

Jeslek

Banned
Gonz said:
I went to Europe several years ago & upon returning, I had a new respect for what, and who, we are. Being proud to be an American is a wonderful thing. As long as we don't confuse patriotism with towing the line. Isn't that one of our greatest rights & responsibilities? Fighting with our government.
Yes nothing like seeing the rest of the world and Europe to make you feel an incredible appreciation of what the United States is. :D

ris

its odd that, so many people from europe say there's nothing like going to the usa to appreciate what we have here ;) :p

Jeslek

Banned
ris said:
its odd that, so many people from europe say there's nothing like going to the usa to appreciate what we have here ;) :p
Except I wasn't born in either, nor did I grow up in either. I have (had) a truely neutral point of view, and the USA and Canada comes out top. WAY ahead. For me.

freako104

Coffee Bean said:
I know it's not cool to be proud of the USA anymore, but I am.

I love this country, and my fellow countrymen.

thats actully very cool. hope you dont become complacent as to how great this country is like i did at one point.