I really hate laptops...

PostCode

Major contributor!
I go to taking this laptop apart screw by tiny screw and get it all broken down, replace the damn fan because the designers couldn't put a small plastic piece over the fan to allow access. Ohhh noooo that would be way to fucking easy. Now I get the friggin thing back together, three hours later and turn my head to see a small fcuking pile of screws! F&*@^$U&%(*#(*$&#)

ARG!!!!

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
*hopes to not having problems with his laptop for at least another year

PostCode

Major contributor!
I've got eleven extra screws. Most are the shiny kind which are used on the inside...not good.

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
PostCode said:
I've got eleven extra screws. Most are the shiny kind which are used on the inside...not good.

Must be the ones that attach the metallic parts to the body.

chcr

Too cute for words
Man, I always hated that. Never done it with a laptop, but with a racebike a few times. Leftover pieces are a pisser.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
*loves her laptop*

*makes a note to take it in to get the headphone jack and the CD drive fixed over christmas*

Stop Laughing

I had the main screw hiding under a rubber stopper, and the instant it fell off the table, it vanished. I wouldn't be surprised if it just vaporized or something before hitting the ground.

catocom

There is no aspect of any laptop that I like.
I don't work on them, and I don't work on them. :sick5:

Inkara1

chcr said:
Man, I always hated that. Never done it with a laptop, but with a racebike a few times. Leftover pieces are a pisser.
Been there as well, with carburetors and other things. Oddly enough, most of the time the item works just fine.

PostCode

Major contributor!
It's a POS Model A938. One of those cheap low end mass produced kind. The motherboard looks like your atypical Amptron piece o' crap.

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
Professur said:
Yer on your own. If you shake it and don't hear any rattles, it's good enough.
No shit, I am almost certain there are screws in them things just laying around anyway. That's certainly where the extras came from.

PostCode

Major contributor!
PT said:
No shit, I am almost certain there are screws in them things just laying around anyway. That's certainly where the extras came from.

So if I give this laptop back to him and it falls apart because of a lacking of screws I can blame you right?

:D

chcr

Too cute for words
PostCode said:
So if I give this laptop back to him and it falls apart because of a lacking of screws I can blame you right?

:D

I'll corroborate you on that, no charge. ;)

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
WOW, you guys make me nervous about letting computer techs work on my laptop...it is under warrenty though...so I am definately not letting someone I know screw around in there...as noone I know works at the store I bought it from...

Stop Laughing

[singing]Where, oh where, has the memory cover gone
Where, oh where, could it be?[/singing]

...and then there's my bro's laptop with a dead battery, and buying the right battery will cost me almost as much as I paid for the damn thing.