I think Southern folks rock!

75renegade

Not that others don't, but I really appreciate my heritage of belongin' to a family who celebrates the integration of new folk into our little "clan"!

Nothin' tipifies my family traditions more than meals that are shared with folks, who are not "blood", but who soon feel as close as kin, by the time their done eatin' at our table!

On my Momma's side, my aunts, uncles, cousins an' granfolk, actually look for opportunities to find common ground with folks who simply, cross their paths.

As a rule, we know, no strangers, only the discovery of new friends!!:headbang:

That's a pretty cool thing, don't ya think?

Not necessarily the same on my dad's side, but I jus' try to love on those folk, in the same way as I've been loved on, on Momma's side.

What's it like in yer family?

Even if it doesn't seem "tight", do ya look for ways to make a possitive difference?
:)

chcr

Too cute for words
Stop Laughing said:
The only family I know of that's south of Champaign are in California which doesn't seem South to me.
My wife grew up in AZ. When people around here ask if she's a "yankee" she tells them she's from farther south than they are. Since I'm from NY (originally) I just say "Hell, yeah. Fuck off cracker." Well, I don't say that last little bit out loud. :D

lacemyster

Most of my family on my mom's side lives in Minnesota. The rest of my dads side? I'll never find out.

Btw, I love impersonating a southern person's accent :D

Janimal

My entire family, both sides, trunk, branches, leaves and all are Southern. We hail from Florida, Alabama, Mississippi and W. Virginia, to name a few.

They are a complete mixture - some good, some bad, some pure evil, some in between somewhere. Pretty much like famlilies everywhere I'm sure.

My mother-in-law is one of those like 75renegade mentions. Any and all are welcome at her table.

75renegade

Justintime said:
I think southern folks strum, not rock :D :p

Actually............we pick!

One of my aspirations, in addition to playin' my guitar, is to learn to play the banjo. In particular, the one my Papa has, an' plays, which was his mothers. She purchased it in the 30's.

It so cool! Its a Gibson, all orginal, (except for the head), with its beautiful nickel plate, accented with, (I think), real mother of pearl inlay, on the back & fret board, an' best of all, my Papa makes it sound so awesome, with the slightest of his effort!:)

chcr

Too cute for words
4 string or 5? I have a Deering 5-string. It's easy to play banjo if you can finger-pick the guitar. A banjo is tuned to an open G, so the chords are reasonably similar.

75renegade

chcr said:
4 string or 5? I have a Deering 5-string. It's easy to play banjo if you can finger-pick the guitar. A banjo is tuned to an open G, so the chords are reasonably similar.

This one has 4 strings, an' that's so cool Chcr, thanks!:headbang: