• Yes

Votes: 15 93.8%
  • No

Votes: 1 6.3%

• Total voters

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
Yes, i hate fucking cops, they think they can do whatever they want because they represent "the authority".

I'd rather trust a drug dealer than a cop.

HeXp£Øi±

Luis G said:
Yes, i hate fucking cops, they think they can do whatever they want because they represent "the authority".

I'd rather trust a drug dealer than a cop.

Your experience with cops is probably different than most here as well Luis. I know that in Mexico their are probably many bad cops but here in the USA the highering standards are a little more strict. I'd say here for the most part the cops are like regular people. Some good, some bad. The difference is that here cops don't usually get away with as much as they can in Mexico. From what i hear bribing cops is almost expected in some parts of your country. I know none of this from experience however.

IDLEchild

fury cops aren't the defining word of the law, they are merely enforcers of it. If they do and it is constitued as illegal then it is still very much illegal.

fury

Administrator
Staff member
If the cops do it, who's left to actually enforce it as a law, though? Take speed limits, for instance. If they're bullshit, they will be ignored. By everyone, to a point. One of the roads in my city is acting as a detour for one of the most used roads which has a 45 mph limit. Know what the speed limit for the entire duration of this detour is? 30. Traffic jam++.

I was going behind a cop yesterday that reminded me to post this thread. Been wanting to for a while. Anyways, he was going down this road (the 30 mile zone) at well above 40 miles per hour (which is the speed I was going, to avoid being rammed by the person behind me who was flashing their high beams like a FUCKING JERK as if getting wherever they were going 2 seconds sooner was going to help). I figured this cop was following someone to nail them, but instead he turned into a McDonald's to go eat.

Later that day, in a 40 zone, one was following behind me, so I figured I'd take it easy in case he was after me. Lo and behold, the guy honks his horn, so I pull over, and he cuts out into the other side of the road (over a double line) and zooms up to 60 mph. This was a pretty long road, but even I am patient enough to not have complete disregard for my safety. I try to follow him to see where he's going, and he hangs a left, straight through a red light, into a donut store parking lot. There were no cars coming, but still, in Indiana the only situation where a left on red is allowed is when you are on a one-way road and the left is taking you on another one-way traffic road, and this was definitely not one of those situations. On top of that, he didn't even stop.

:shrug: I don't ever intend on trying it myself, just an odd observation about the police force in my area.

beli_volk

I saw cops that were riding in a yellow taxi car and stopped someone.
Well, here in NYC speed limits and other regulations are enforced to collect for city budget.

Mirlyn

Gonz said:
When you see a cop do that shit, get his/her car number & report 'em.

Thats what I do.

Hell, in most states (if not all) you have the right to request a ride-along. Go with one for a night. See what really goes on inside the car. Some of the times theres actually a legitimate reason for them speeding. Of course, doesn't sound like any of your examples were legitimate anyway.

Raven

Annoying SOB
fury said:
I was going behind a cop yesterday that reminded me to post this thread. Been wanting to for a while. Anyways, he was going down this road (the 30 mile zone) at well above 40 miles per hour (which is the speed I was going, to avoid being rammed by the person behind me who was flashing their high beams like a FUCKING JERK as if getting wherever they were going 2 seconds sooner was going to help). I figured this cop was following someone to nail them, but instead he turned into a McDonald's to go eat.

Later that day, in a 40 zone, one was following behind me, so I figured I'd take it easy in case he was after me. Lo and behold, the guy honks his horn, so I pull over, and he cuts out into the other side of the road (over a double line) and zooms up to 60 mph. This was a pretty long road, but even I am patient enough to not have complete disregard for my safety. I try to follow him to see where he's going, and he hangs a left, straight through a red light, into a donut store parking lot. There were no cars coming, but still, in Indiana the only situation where a left on red is allowed is when you are on a one-way road and the left is taking you on another one-way traffic road, and this was definitely not one of those situations. On top of that, he didn't even stop.

You know thats an abuse of their power right? Just because they enforce the law doesnt mean there above it.

a13antichrist

fury said:
If the cops do it, who's left to actually enforce it as a law, though?

Ummm.. duh? Them of course. Breaking certain laws doesn't prevent them from enforcing them. You don't have to be a famous tenor to tell someone that they sing really badly.

HubbaHubba

crooked cops piss me the fuck off

maybe thats because im a notorious/pac fan though, various members of the LAPD can burn in hell

Inkara1

Sometimes, cops will intentionally break the speed limit... then pull over anyone who followed them.