If you could push a button and...

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
outside looking in said:
Interesting note Bish.

For the people that would push the button in all circumstances, how would you feel about...

(7) 100 random people?
(8) 1000...?
(9) Name a number lower than what cancer kills in a day, year, ever, whatever...?
(10) All of your current friends?
(11) All of your family, immediate and remote?

7) Yep
8) Yep
9) Day Yep, Year Yep
10) No
11) No.

breaky

i wouldn't push, at all, not even if it meant saving lots of people from cancer. those people have it for a reason, the world is far too populated with idiots, me included. sometimes it's good having diseases and things like that cause they control us. i think i've headed a bit of the subject, sorry about that but i wouldn't push.

AlphaTroll

breaky said:
i wouldn't push, at all, not even if it meant saving lots of people from cancer. those people have it for a reason, the world is far too populated with idiots, me included. sometimes it's good having diseases and things like that cause they control us. i think i've headed a bit of the subject, sorry about that but i wouldn't push.

So you are basically saying you believe that cancer and other diseases are around as a form on natural selection of who survives?

The process of natural selection in the wild is obviously vital to ensure a equilibrium. But you will find that it is the weakest animals that die. The ones that slow down the herd or cannot hunt and thus do not contribute to their group. It's a way of ensuring the strength and survival of the collective.

Are you trying to tell me that the only people who get cancer and the likes are the 'idiots' of the world? No productive people who contribute to society ever get infected with disease? It's fine to just let them die off, so that the healthy people have more space to be happy and healthy in?

That's a rather buggered up idea - please remove your head from your ass before posting such crap.

AlphaTroll

I forgot to mention - I wouldn't push the button (unless I was sure the person who'd die was a politican) - seems to me that sacrificing one person in the hope of saving millions has been done before - not very successfully.....

breaky

AlphaTroll said:
Are you trying to tell me that the only people who get cancer and the likes are the 'idiots' of the world? No productive people who contribute to society ever get infected with disease? It's fine to just let them die off, so that the healthy people have more space to be happy and healthy in?

That's a rather buggered up idea - please remove your head from your ass before posting such crap.
i'm not saying that at all, it's really a matter of luck, or bad luck as far as terminal diseases are concerned, what i am saying is that we need diseases like these to control our population, i mean imagine if no one ever got sick or died, where would we all go? and as for removing my head from my rectum, i don't think so, i like it there :winkkiss: it's fun trying to see through the crap to find the truth

IDLEchild

outside looking in said:
So... how would you respond to the following:

(1) If you could push a button that killed a random person in China and rid the world of cancer, would you?
(2) Would you consider it ethical and moral if you did push the button?
(3) Would your response be different if the button killed a citizen of your country?
(4) A close friend?
(5) An immediate family member?
(6) You?

1)Fuck yes
2)Fuck no
3)Not at all
4)Go ahead
5)Go on
6)Don't care the least bit.

The question doesn't take notice of the fact that there are shades of grey between the black and white. if one death can cure cancer then there really is no question of whether to kill or not.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
outside looking in said:
(1) If you could push a button that killed a random person in China and rid the world of cancer, would you?
(2) Would you consider it ethical and moral if you did push the button?
(3) Would your response be different if the button killed a citizen of your country?
(4) A close friend?
(5) An immediate family member?
(6) You?

1,3,4,5,6-without hesitation

2-yes; one individual to stop a plague is very ethical. I'd prefer they knew about it...but either way