I'm not getting married because...

FluerVanderloo

...the ring I'd want is too damned expensive!

$3,350

FluerVanderloo

I couldn't imagine spending that much. A couple of friends and I were sitting around just looking at them. I can't seem to find a good ruby ring in white gold. Most of them look too pink and aren't the right cut.

But that one....that's nice.

Anybody else have a purdy ring they like a whole bunch? I wanna see them!

FluerVanderloo

Professur said:
Nope. I'd look silly wearing diamonds.

Interesting. One of those high school ring sized bands, or something a little smaller? I know my dad's when he married my mom was huge, but the one he's got now is about a quarter inch thick.

HomeLAN

A small, understated gold band is what I wear. It's too damned easy to snag anything fancy while you're under a hood, inside a PC, etc.

When I took my wife to get hers (my motto is - make sure she gets what she wants, ask her first or let her pick it out), I told her I was willing to go to 5,000. She stayed a little under it.

You only get a wedding band once, assuming you do it right. If I'd had the cash, I'd have been willing to go higher.

Professur

the missus was wearing mine for the last couple of months. She'd thrown a kick at my arse, and I'd foolishly tried to block it and wound up with my ring finger feeling like it was broken. Painful and swollen. I had to take my ring off while I still could (pretty much the first time I'd taken it off except to wash my hands since she's put it on there). It took about a month for the finger to stop aching and flaring up. She wore it with hers the whole time. I got the feeling that she'd like a similar band, instead of the ring she picked back then, so I left it with her.

But on the 30th, I went out with the rest of the company to the Sir Winston Churchill pub complexe to mourn the passing of our company. (I've mentioned before that the company folded due to poor management) Well, as I sat there, surrounded by wimmen, drinking, I felt positively naked without my ring, so I had to ask for it back.

Druidess

When I got married I picked out a very simple wedding band like my grandmother's no engagement ring as the engagement was very short and I didn't want one hehe. My wedding band is very simple and plain but on our 10th wedding anniversary I asked hubby to engrave it with the date we got married. Only problem I won't be wearing it too much longer :D getting a wedding band tattooed on my finger so this one I have now will me put on a gold chain.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
HomeLAN said:
06-7306-01-0001-0800dt.jpg

That's pretty much it. 6 MM.

That is pretty much what my mom and dad had (my momma still wears hers of course and she has my dad's on a chain around her neck). She never had an engagement ring but for her 1st anniversary she got the same band with a diamond inset and a little engraving on it :)

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
Professur said:
She'd thrown a kick at my arse, and I'd foolishly tried to block it and wound up with my ring finger feeling like it was broken.

:confuse3: you hit each other?

Starya

I hate wearing rings, especially rings with stones. Oh, and I don't like gold.

Now, I wouldn't mind something like this too much:
06-7708-02-0003-1000tn.jpg

BlurOfSerenity

nixy and homelan, that's what my dad has too. my mom had her engagement ring fused to her wedding ring to make them one ring, the engagement ring has a diamond that sticks up out of it, and little diamonds on the sides. her wedding ring is a gold band that's wider on the top and thinner on the underside. it's pretty.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
ash r said:
nixy and homelan, that's what my dad has too. my mom had her engagement ring fused to her wedding ring to make them one ring, the engagement ring has a diamond that sticks up out of it, and little diamonds on the sides. her wedding ring is a gold band that's wider on the top and thinner on the underside. it's pretty.

You forgot to mention your own engagement ring!!! It's pretty.