Immigration!

Uki Chick

I got this by email today from a friend of mine and though it to be quite interesting. Don't know if it should be in the LL, so feel free to move it. Not only can it apply to Canada, but to the US as well.

Will we still be the Country of choice and still be Canada if we continue to make the changes forced on us by the people from other countries that came to live in Canada because it is their Country of Choice??????

Think about it!

All we have to say is, when will they do something about MY RIGHTS?

I celebrate Christmas...........but because it isn't celebrated by everyone..............we can no longer say Merry Christmas. Now it has to be Season's Greetings.

It's not Christmas vacation, it's Winter Break. Isn't it amazing how this winter break ALWAYS occurs over the Christmas holiday?

We've gone so far the other way, bent over backwards to not offend anyone, that I am now being offended. But it seems that no one has a problem with that.
This says it all!

This is an editorial written by a journalist in a
Toronto newspaper. He did quite a job; didn't he? Read on, please!

IMMIGRANTS,
NOT Canadians
MUST ADAPT.
I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we
are offending some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on Sept. 11,
we have experienced a surge
in patriotism by the majority
of Canadians. However...... the dust from the attacks had
barely settled when the "politically correct! " crowd began complaining about
the possibility that our patriotism was offending others.

I am not against immigration, nor do I hold a grudge against anyone who is seeking a better life by coming to Canada
Our population is almost entirely made up of descendants of immigrants.
However, there
are a few things that those
who have recently come to
our country, and apparently some born here, need to understand.
This idea of Canada being a
multicultural community
has served only to dilute our sovereignty and our national identity. As Canadians.......
we have our own culture, our
own society, our own language and our own lifestyle. This culture has been developed over centuries of struggles, trials, and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom.

We speak ENGLISH/FRENCH, not Spanish, Portuguese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language.
Therefore, if you wish to become part
of our society, learn the language!
"We Stand On Guard For Thee" is our national motto. This is not some Christian, right wing, political slogan.. We adopted this motto because Christian men and women.......on Christian principles.............
founded this nation..... and this is clearly documented.
It is certainly appropriate to display it
on the walls of our schools.
If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as
your new home.........because
God is part of our culture.

We
are happy with our culture and have
no desire to change, and we really
don't care how you did things where
you came from.
This is
OUR COUNTRY,
our land, and our lifestyle.
But once you are done complaining....... whining...... and griping....... about our flag.......
our pledge...... our national motto........or our
way of life....I highly encourage you to
take advantage of one other Great Canadian Freedom.......

THE RIGHT TO LEAVE.

Winky

when yer moosies are burning yer cities to the ground I'll dredge up this post so you can type aboot yer level of offendedness

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
Leslie said:
yep
:tardbang:

I wonder if they are using his white robes too. Unfuckingbelieveable.

What's a white robe got to do with his statement? All he's asking is for the new folks to blend in with the folks that have been there a while.

HomeLAN

Leslie said:
yep
:tardbang:

I wonder if they are using his white robes too. Unfuckingbelieveable.

Wow. Skipped the preamble and went straight to the point of the usual lecture. A slight protocol breach, but we'll overlookm it this time.

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
It's misleading, inciting and inflammatory, and a load of tripe. White robe-ey enough for me. It isn't the spirit of Canada and our melting pot, and it isn't based on our reality here. I was so glad to find it didn't originate in one of our newspapers. I was horrified and embarrassed.

HomeLAN

The fact that he might actually have a few valid points buried in there surely doesn't matter, right? The fact that the majority of his assertions are listed as either true or mostly true by Snopes is irrelevent, right? Yeah.

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
The whole thing has nothing to do with our culture up here, how things go, nor does the We Stand On Guard for Thee thingie they've tried and failed to have make sense.

We still have Christmas. :shrug: Everyone gets to get in on it. We do one holiday, we do em all, and none are cancelled or ignored.

God is still on the walls of everything, and courts are upholding it all over the place. Waddever.

I didn't read what Snopes proved or misproved. It's nothing to do with me. The fact that it wasn't from a Canadian newspaper was good enough for me. I'm no longer horrified.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
I agree with points of it. SOME immigrants to this country expect us to bend over backwards for them. Some of them expect to beable to not wear required safety equipment on job sites because it interfers with their religious wear, some expect to beable to leave at lunchtime on Fridays for religious worship no matter how much work they have to do (I worked with one of them this summer). If you need Friday afternoons off then find a job where they don't need you on Friday afternoons! Not one where someone else is gonna have to take up your slack (I had to do that more than once...cause they couldn't say "no" cause he had religious reasons). Bah, my mom works a job where she is required to work two sundays a month...and one of them is a day shift, I'd be scared to see what would happen if she requested 2 hours off for Church. Instead of building their lives here so they can still fit in their beliefs and customs they wish to hold onto they expect to beable to do whatever the hell they want and have US bend so they can fit their religions and customs in.

MrBishop

IMHO the best part of Canada is that we're NOT a melting pot, but a mosaic. We don't demand that people give up their language, their religion, their foods, culture or traditions in order to become Canadian.

Our national identity is a mish-mosh of several other cultures, including but not exclusivly European origins. You can see it in our architecture, hear it in our accents and our music, taste it in our foods etc etc... Which one is the Canadian identity?? Pick one...chances are you'll be partly-right and mostly wrong.

We don't need cookie-cutter examples of immigrants. Yes, our official languages are French and English and if you want to do business and get services having one of those languages does help out a lot...to the point where the majority of people who come here learn one or the other.

Re: religion, the best part is that you can have a church, a mosque and a synagogue on the same street without inciting a riot....hell, they even do cooperative efforts at building safer neighbourhoods!

The best part of Canada...it's the place I want to call home! Where I'm proud to call it my country.

*Here endeth the rant

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Leslie said:
our melting pot

Hence, we all come together, throw our common interests in & live as one big happy family.

Diversity is when we all come together & insist on doing things MY old way. Then we can have a whole slew of scattered little villages with no cohesion instead of one big community.

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
More of a chunky stew than a consomme, with lots of different flavours and textures all somehow working together for one great dish. Odd bit of gristle in there but them's the breaks.

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
IMMIGRANTS,
NOT Canadians
MUST ADAPT.
I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we
are offending some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on Sept. 11,
we have experienced a surge
in patriotism by the majority
of Canadians. However...... the dust from the attacks had
barely settled when the "politically correct! " crowd began complaining about
the possibility that our patriotism was offending others.

I am not against immigration, nor do I hold a grudge against anyone who is seeking a better life by coming to Canada
Our population is almost entirely made up of descendants of immigrants.
However, there
are a few things that those
who have recently come to
our country, and apparently some born here, need to understand.
This idea of Canada being a
multicultural community
has served only to dilute our sovereignty and our national identity. As Canadians.......
we have our own culture, our
own society, our own language and our own lifestyle. This culture has been developed over centuries of struggles, trials, and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom.

We speak ENGLISH/FRENCH, not Spanish, Portuguese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language.
Therefore, if you wish to become part
of our society, learn the language!
"We Stand On Guard For Thee" is our national motto. This is not some Christian, right wing, political slogan.. We adopted this motto because Christian men and women.......on Christian principles.............
founded this nation..... and this is clearly documented.
It is certainly appropriate to display it
on the walls of our schools.
If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as
your new home.........because
God is part of our culture.

We
are happy with our culture and have
no desire to change, and we really
don't care how you did things where
you came from.
This is
OUR COUNTRY,
our land, and our lifestyle.
But once you are done complaining....... whining...... and griping....... about our flag.......
our pledge...... our national motto........or our
way of life....I highly encourage you to
take advantage of one other Great Canadian Freedom.......

THE RIGHT TO LEAVE.

holy germany 1939 batman

that people beleive this white power shit sickens me (I know it never mentions white, but it sounds like that literature)

should I be planning on a new tattoo?

signed the jeswish boy who seems to be living in a christian fundamentalist nation

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Quite an overreaction there Boy Wonder. The author of this piece is prefering immigrants adapt to their new home...not demand that their new home adapts to them.

1939 hated all things not German.