Interceptors – Immediate launch!!

karlwb

Being a model builder / collector of Dinky toys and a fan of Gerry Anderson (1970's British Sci-Fi) I have been collecting the Dinky toys
from most of His TV series. My latest restoration project has been
a Dinky UFO Interceptor that I got from eBay.
It was in a bit of a state when I got it, but I have restored it to a bit
better condition.

Before :(
fd050e8d.jpg

After :)
fd050e8c.jpg

karlwb

Squiggy said:
Whoa ! :eek: An ATOMIC Dildo!... :D

:alienlol:

I've got all of the series on DVD, and I can just imagine Commander Straker saying “Atomic Dildo firing sequence 1-6 decimal 4-8”

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
What? No model of Moonbase Alpha? :D And where are the babes with the purple hair and miniskirts? :D

Looks good...

karlwb

What? No model of Moonbase Alpha? And where are the babes with the purple hair and miniskirts?

Moonbase Alpha was Space:1999 ( still Gerry Anderson ), however I am on the lookout for Moon Base ( UFO base ); IMAI made a model of Moon Base,
I am still after that one….. :)

'Moon base' babes, Gabrielle Drake was really stunning looking when that
series was made…. :D

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
karlwb said:
What? No model of Moonbase Alpha? And where are the babes with the purple hair and miniskirts?

Moonbase Alpha was Space:1999 ( still Gerry Anderson ), however I am on the lookout for Moon Base ( UFO base ); IMAI made a model of Moon Base,
I am still after that one….. :)

'Moon base' babes, Gabrielle Drake was really stunning looking when that
series was made…. :D

Really? I thought they were, pretty much, one and the same. In the US, the show was called UFO, and the moonbase was called Moonbase Alpha...Considering it was a British show, as was Space 1999, I guess it was cheaper to pull out the old model than to make a new one just for Space 1999...:shrug:

karlwb

Really? I thought they were, pretty much, one and the same. In the US, the show was called UFO, and the moonbase was called Moonbase Alpha...Considering it was a British show, as was Space 1999, I guess it was cheaper to pull out the old model than to make a new one just for Space 1999...

Actually, they were completely different models ( even we managed to shell out a bit of cash ;) )

UFO Moonbase…

fd01c1d1.jpg

Space:1999 Moonbase Alpha

fd01c1d3.jpg

Karl.
ps.
It's good to see quite a number of people still remember these great programs :D

karlwb

Some quite good sites for additional referance can be found here:

For Space:1999

http://www.space1999.net/catacombs/

and for UFO

http://ufoseries.com/

:headbang: