Interesting

Altron

Not going to make much money I think, since there are only what, 3 seats on a B-17? Pilot, Copilot, and Navigator. The side gunners and top turret gunner stand, the bombadier and tail gunner crouch, the guy in the Sperry ball turret is in the fetal position, and the radioman stands.

Not going to make much money I think, since there are only what, 3 seats on a B-17? Pilot, Copilot, and Navigator. The side gunners and top turret gunner stand, the bombadier and tail gunner crouch, the guy in the Sperry ball turret is in the fetal position, and the radioman stands.

The B-17 Flying Fortress crew was 10 people.

There was also ample room inside and the bomb payload could easily be replaced with passengers. My grandpappy was ground support for these planes during the war.

Altron

The B-17 Flying Fortress crew was 10 people.

There was also ample room inside and the bomb payload could easily be replaced with passengers. My grandpappy was ground support for these planes during the war.

I didn't miss any. I named off all 10 in my post, and described their positions. The only 3 that sit the whole flight are navigator (unless he has to go to the other "cheek" machine gun, if the plane is so equipped), pilot, and copilot. Top turret stands, side gunners both stand, tail gunner and bombadier kneel/crouch, ball turret gunner is in fetal position, and the radioman sits to operate the radio, but stands to operate his gun.

MrBishop

I'd do it in a heartbeat. Seen a few on the ground during air shows and in Aerospace Museums.