Is VB Beta 3?

U

Unregistered

Is VB Beta 3 Free? or are they charging for beta products?

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Unregistered said:
Is VB Beta 3 Free? or are they charging for beta products?
You need an active license to download it, which can cost $30 if you already have an owned license but it's expired, or $85 if you want a one-year license (or to renew an existing one), or $160 if you want an owned license with one year of access to upgrades (you can continue to run the board after that year though)

IDLEchild

Wait..unregistered people can star threads.....

also does each forum has it's random list of smilies and does it plan to stay that way. :borg: :errrr: :eek:

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Buttcrackdivine said:
Wait..unregistered people can star threads.....

also does each forum has it's random list of smilies and does it plan to stay that way. :borg: :errrr: :eek:
The smilies are picked at random every time the smilie list is viewed. I do think I will bring the customizable lists back later on.

samcurry

Screwing with the code...
Staff member
hector, ib is good, but its not that good yet. it will take atleast another year of good writing and optimization to do that. But in the meantime phpbb and some of the others will be knocked down a few more pegs.

CeleronXL

samcurry said:
hector, ib is good, but its not that good yet. it will take atleast another year of good writing and optimization to do that. But in the meantime phpbb and some of the others will be knocked down a few more pegs.
iB really doesn't need optimization - It's terribly fast. It just needs to be more customizable templatewise and whatnot, and then it'll be a serious competitor.

samcurry

Screwing with the code...
Staff member
that what i ment celeronXl, thanks fer pointing out my inept ability to relay what i really mean. :D [mumbles to self]im such a dork....[/ mumbles to self]
seriously though your correct.

CeleronXL

Ah! :)

There's only a select few who seem to be able to customize iB. You'll find most iB forums are running either the default style or a style downloaded at iB Planet. It's too hard for most to customize.

I've began customization on my iB, http://www.utopiasoftware.net/forum/ (no one there because we haven't opened yet). I didn't know how to do anything. :p It's really hard. :O!

CeleronXL

It's funny, I have a feeling few of you know what you're talking about. ;) You're mostly right - phpBB is no business. But, if asked to explain why, I doubt many of you could give real answers aside from generic ones. :p