it looks like we have a new member

OneArmeScissor

Hi all, my name is Matt, 20 years old, I live in Lakewood Ohio and one of my many hobbies is alternate history. I also like baseball, video games and being a lazy ass.

OneArmeScissor said:
Hi all, my name is Matt, 20 years old, I live in Lakewood Ohio and one of my many hobbies is alternate history. I also like baseball, video games and being a lazy ass.

welcome matt :) , i like to be a lazy ass to :lol2: , i love to tweak computers, and to tweak house fans :swing:

Liliandra

OneArmeScissor said:

See? Told ya he'd get around to it.

OneArmeScissor

Alternate History: "Alternate history is a type of science fiction in which the basic premise is that some specific historical event never happened, or happened differently "
Source: Wikipedia - The Free Encyclopedia

Liliandra

OneArmeScissor said:
Alternate History: "Alternate history is a type of science fiction in which the basic premise is that some specific historical event never happened, or happened differently "

Ooooh, I like.... a small example perhaps?

OneArmeScissor said:

:confused: sounds cool :D

OneArmeScissor said:

here is one thing, Never take the mouse AV from the list or "Nixy" will get cranky :lol2:

OneArmeScissor

Liliandra said:
Ooooh, I like.... a small example perhaps?

Ok, what if the South won the Civil War, that is a popular genre of American Alternate History. Could the United States be the same with a slavocrat republic to it's southern borders?

Another popular example is, what if the Nazis won WWII, usually, a grim future is in store, with the United States and a Greater German Reich dropping atom bombs to end the 90s in that case.