it looks like we have a new member

Liliandra

OneArmeScissor said:
Ok, what if the South won the Civil War, that is a popular genre of American Alternate History. Could the United States be the same with a slavocrat republic to it's southern borders?

Another popular example is, what if the Nazis won WWII, usually, a grim future is in store, with the United States and a Greater German Reich dropping atom bombs to end the 90s in that case.

Thanks :D.... Sure the Romans would have a few good ones in there.

OneArmeScissor said:
Ok, what if the South won the Civil War, that is a popular genre of American Alternate History. Could the United States be the same with a slavocrat republic to it's southern borders?

Another popular example is, what if the Nazis won WWII, usually, a grim future is in store, with the United States and a Greater German Reich dropping atom bombs to end the 90s in that case.

you sound smart :D

A.B.Normal

OneArmeScissor said:
We'd all be descendants of intelligent raptor dinosaurs and not apes. And we'd all be a lot less hairy and a bit more scaly.

actually feathery ,as most birds evolved from Raptors.
http://www.geol.umd.edu/~tholtz/G104/10424arch.htm

utah003.jpg
attachment.php

Seperated at birth or what.

Lopan

OneArmeScissor said:

Whatever you do don't mention the war. Someone on here knows alot about it and will definately give you a lesson in alternate history. Lets pretend you never mentioned it and that I saved you an earbashing.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
crystal scan said:
here is one thing, Never take the mouse AV from the list or "Nixy" will get cranky :lol2:

Most people do not need a reminder that they shouldn't be asses...you seem to be the rare exception.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
Welcome aboard OAS. Good to have you among us.

OneArmeScissor said:

I'll take up that debate/discussion any time you are ready. I'd be right curious to get your input on some things.

Professur

OneArmeScissor said:
Alternate History: "Alternate history is a type of science fiction in which the basic premise is that some specific historical event never happened, or happened differently "
Source: Wikipedia - The Free Encyclopedia

I've read some of that. Really twists your noodle, doesn't it? What I hated was when you try to remember something from history and wind up remembering the book instead.

OneArmeScissor

dinoman_neoteny.jpg

This is the supposed dino hominid that would have came up if the dinosaurs didn't die in 66-65 million BCE.

I'll get the name of the raptor dinosaur that would have taken the place of the ape.

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
OAS, wow, that sure is interesting, never thought some people would take it as far as making models about it.

OneArmeScissor

That model has been around for years now. It is assumed that the raptor dinosaur Saurornithoides was the smartest dinosaur and reptile to ever live. It may have even been the dinosaur/reptile equal of our Lucy hominid.