it looks like we have a new member

chcr

Too cute for words
OneArmeScissor said:
Alternate History: "Alternate history is a type of science fiction in which the basic premise is that some specific historical event never happened, or happened differently "
Source: Wikipedia - The Free Encyclopedia

I'm not really into it, but I have read some of Harry Turtledove's alternate civil war stuff. Hey, S&P, the south wins in this one. Actually, it's quite interesting.

Oh yeah, welcome. When you get to 40, sell. Trust me here. :D

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
OneArmeScissor said:
Ok, what if the South won the Civil War, that is a popular genre of American Alternate History. Could the United States be the same with a slavocrat republic to it's southern borders?

Oh man, you're in trouble

chcr said:
I'm not really into it, but I have read some of Harry Turtledove's alternate civil war stuff. Hey, S&P, the south wins in this one. Actually, it's quite interesting.

:alienhuh:

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
Gonz said:
Oh man, you're in trouble

Who, little ol' me? :angel2:

I meant what I said. I'd like to get his take on a couple things. Be nice to debate it with someone who might actually have read beyond 10th grade textbooks. :winkkiss:

OAS...despite what some might lead you to think, I don't bite. Usually. :nerd:

Lopan

Luis G said:
OAS, wow, that sure is interesting, never thought some people would take it as far as making models about it.

They had a big display about it in the Natural history museum in London about 15 years ago. They concluded that we wouldn't have survived because we were cold blooded. Ice age and all that.

OneArmeScissor

Well, not all of the world was covered in ice, not Africa, not South America, not Oceania, not parts of Asia. They could have lived there.

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
chcr said:

I read some of those, very well thought out.

Lopan

OneArmeScissor said:
Well, not all of the world was covered in ice, not Africa, not South America, not Oceania, not parts of Asia. They could have lived there.

Just saying what the findings of the museum were. I think they were less adapatble than their mamallian counterparts.