It's unlikely Bush will win the election

PowerballWinner

I think many people (about 76% of the registered voters) are disappointed in Bush for the following reasons:

1. I think most people including conservatives (just look at those who are now joining the Libertarian Party) believe it was unnecessary to go to war with Iraq.
2. I think most people including conservatives (just look at the Constitution Party and Libertarian Party) believe the unconstitutional PATRIOT Act (which Bush supports) is wrong.
3. I think most people want someone other than the Bush dynasty (his father served as Vice-President under Reagan, then as President, then he served as President).
4. Bush is anti-environment (I don't know anyone who's likes anti-environment people).
5. Bush kept Donald Rumsfeld for Secretary of Defense who authorized the various means punishing Iraqi prisoners. It looks like the punishments got out of hand when they lead to abuse.
6. Bush tried to prevent workers from having overtime pay - even personal conservatives who are economic liberals are not going to be happy about this.
7. Bush believes in corporate welfare - many libertarians and conservatives don't like this.
8. I think most people can see that Jesus Christ is not the most important person in Bush's life given how he doesn't even talk about him hardly ever thus many Christians are going to vote for the Constitution Party.
9. Bush broke his promise for funding for AmeriCorps.
10. Bush has prescription drug legislation that benefits big business instead of consumers.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
1)
"Looking back, do you think the United States did the right thing in taking military action against Iraq, or should the U.S. have stayed out?"

Poll Date Right thing Wrong thing unsure
12/14-15/03 63 31 6

How & when that is asked is quite varied.

2)
10/25/2001:
Passed Senate without amendment by Yea-Nay Vote. 98 - 1. Record Vote Number: 313. (consideration: CR S10990-11060)

Looks like a lot of Democrats didn't mind it.

3)Democratic republics aren't prone to dynaties. They're prone to voters.

4)BUSH HATES CLEAN AIR & WATER!!! What has he done to destroy the environment?

5)War is hell.

6)Is a complete fabrication not even worthy of a joke. Do your homework.

7)Bush thinks GM needs foodstamps when they are paying over a billion in annual payroll? I do too.

8)WTF are you talking about???

9)So what. Read my sig lines.

10):rofl4:

valkyrie

Even conservative like Teresa Heinz Kerry has turned her back on the Republican party, signing herself up with the Democrats.

catocom

valkyrie said:
Even conservative like Teresa Heinz Kerry has turned her back on the Republican party, signing herself up with the Democrats.
eh, you don't think it could just be because John's running for pres.??? :swing:

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Nah, that can't be it. Well, then again, after spending half a billion of her money....hmmmm