judas priest coming to a retirement home, er, concert venue near... me

2minkey

bootlicker
so i just got tickets for judas priest. looks like the original band (except scott travis who has been there for ~20 years) so it should be cool.

seventh row, orchestra section. three tickets, total cost of $283. seems like a lot for a show these days. but they're great seats.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
three tickets, total cost of $283

For that, Rob better do what Rob does...on AND off the stage.

I hear they're putting together a Heaven & Hell tour. Black Sabbath (With Ronnie James Dio), Judas Priest & Motorhead.

Is this the Nostradamus themed album tour?

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
Roughly $94 is way too much for me to shell out to see Priest. Seen 'em twice, both good shows, but dayum. In fact, the second time it was an all day outdoor festival thing, Priest, Alice Cooper, Motorhead, Danger Danger (or maybe Dangerous Toys, I always get them mixed up, they both sucked) and Metal Church for $10. But that's been 15 or 20 years ago.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
I'd even possibly go that high, for this show...20 years ago. Another reason that the last dime the stones got from me was the Some Girls tour.

chcr

Too cute for words
Van Morrison was at the Ryman recently at about 300 bucks a pop for the cheap seats. I laughed but I didn't go.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
I saw Van Halen on their first tour, "in the round", for $5.50...before David thought drunk was a stage enhancement.

chcr

Too cute for words
Yeah, but you're a fossil. :p

Everyone knows fossils are fake. ;)

Umm... John Sebastian and the Lovin' Spoonful with Linda Rondstadt opening. I don't really remember but I doubt it was eight dollars. Probably more like five.

*Can see about two-thirds of the board going, "Who and the what?????"

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Kansas, opening band was 10 Years After.

Kansas wishes they had ALvin Lee's talent.