Just curious

Do you use racial, ethnic or other "slurs" in your speech?

• Yes, and I really don't care what you think about it.

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Yes, but much less often that I used to.

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Yes, but rarely and only in the presence of people I know well and trust.

Votes: 9 36.0%
  • No, but I used to.

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • No, I never have done that.

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • No, and I'll slap the snot out of anyone who does so in my presence.

• Shut up and fetch me a beer already.

• Total voters

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
Better to do this as a poll, so folks who want to keep their answers unidentifiable can while others who wish to extrapolate can do so as well.

Inkara1

My answer falls somewhere in the middle. I might occasionally use one as part of a joke on rare occasions, and I do tell non-slur ethnic jokes to known audiences... but I don't use such words as part of my everyday speech. I guess the closest answer of those given would be "no, I have never done that."

Professur

It's not a slur, AB. They call themselves that. Calling them disease ridden, shit packing degenerates would be a slur.

tonksy

I do not use the slurs but I am sure I have said derogatory things about different groups of people, whites and women included.
Just today I mentioned that I was glad to see the Mexicans working on the Waffle House because it would get done quicker than if white folk was doing it.

MrBishop

Used to use 'eskimo' until I realized that it was a slur loosely meaning 'raw meat eaters'.

I used to..then I grew up.

Inkara1

Professur said:
It's not a slur, AB. They call themselves that. Calling them disease ridden, shit packing degenerates would be a slur.

This is where the double standard comes into play. It's OK for them to call themselves that, but not OK for us to call them that. Just like only black people can say "nigger."

A.B.Normal

Professur said:

And AfroAmericans can call themselves by the "N" word ,but I wouldn't recommend you doing it.

Professur

AB, it probably won't suprise you to realise that I really don't give a flying fuck about their continuing self-identity crisis. Blacks can continue to invent new names for themselves on a weekly basis, and it won't change the fact that skin colour doesn't make a person anything other than harder to see. Until they get over themselves and start calling themselves "people" jsut like everyone else, they'll always be "N" to someone. Themselves.

browneyedMAC

Professur said:
AB, it probably won't suprise you to realise that I really don't give a flying fuck about their continuing self-identity crisis. Blacks can continue to invent new names for themselves on a weekly basis, and it won't change the fact that skin colour doesn't make a person anything other than harder to see. Until they get over themselves and start calling themselves "people" jsut like everyone else, they'll always be "N" to someone. Themselves.

well said prof!!

Spirit

Kissy Goddess
Professur said:
:thumbup:

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
OK, next question. For those brave enough to answer. I will later, after a few others have done so.

What words/terms/phrases do you use?

There is a point to this, and not the one you suspect.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Do, in context with a point. Avoid them in normal conversation, unless we're talking about rabble rousin' hillbiliies.

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
I'll write the translations instead
for blacks: nigger, chocolate, shit
for whites: whitey, blondie, milky, ghost
for asian: yellow, "takataka"
for gay (men): faggot, "puto" (short-offensive for male prostitute)
for women: bitch, whore, dick case, servant
for men: puto (implying he's gay), dickless (or shortdicked), balls-less, impotent

yeah, we have a colourful language

edit: I forgot.........:lol:
to our neighbours to the north: gringos, yankees (yeah, including the southerns, 'cause there's no such thing as southers to us) ;)

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
We just combine any of the above (and many others) to fit a specific person ;)