Just look at the pictures...

2minkey

bootlicker
and of course we don't really, at a visceral level, understand why pictures of moophapphet are a big deal. especially since jesus went pop and become a fucking bumper sticker.

it's that culture thing, again.

Cerise

2minkey said:
BTW the folks we're discussing here ARE extremists!

it's that culture thing, again.

Some might call it that.

There are others who would refer to radical Islamists as "a gathering storm."

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
right, right.

and christians are s'pose to be tolerant, too. so maybe we should turn the other cheek to osama bin buttbasket.

That is taken entirely out of context. Turn the other cheek was about a family squabble, not the entirety of society. Funny thing is...how come, today, the person asking you t 'turn the other cheek' is usually the one slapping you?

2minkey said:
infidel is anyone they make it to be. the west is essentially one big infidel. "only supposed to be applied" according to whom? according to formal doctine it's okay dokey to kill or enslave any non-muslim. now there may some tidbits about tolerance somewhere. but as we know the koran is even more self-contradictory than the christian bible. way more. and guess which one gets more airtime these days? look up the doctrrine of kufr and get back to me. golly, and you thought it was a religion of peace. :errrr:

According to most of the Muslims I run into that actually believe in peace...including the Imam giving the tour of the Grand Mosque. ;)

2minkey said:
BTW the folks we're discussing here ARE extremists!

Yes. They are. Glad you noticed that extremists are the majority of any group. :D

2minkey said:
and, again, the concept of "invoking my RIGHT to free speech" is not the huge deal it is to those folk - extremist or the guy selling street food in damascus - as it is to us. You can file that one under "cultural differences." strangely enough they aren't profoundly impacted by the bodhisattva ideal or the temptations of mistress ezili either.

Niether am I, so what's your point? (perhaps the assimilation process just takes them a bit longer)

*poke*

2minkey

bootlicker
Niether am I, so what's your point? (perhaps the assimilation process just takes them a bit longer)

*poke*

um, this comment tells me that you're still trying to use your own frame of reference to explain what's going on outside it. maybe we should just drop this.