Kazza tips

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
well, i got a send at 1.05kB/s, and still that got the full CPU load.

i disable file sharing and the problem is gone, limiting bandwidth for the uploads has no effect.

The code is buggy.

equinoxe3d

If you care about MP3 quality, go in the registry where Jas101 mentionned and there should be a setting like SetBitrateLimit=1 or similar. Set it to 0 to enable searching for 160+ kbps quality songs. It's pretty elementary, but it's a good way to get better-sounding songs easily...

Luis G

Staff member
yeah, i've found 160 and 192kbps mp3z........although, i don't use kazaa to get my mp3z.

*cough* mIRC *cough* DALnet *cough*

Luis G

Staff member
*cough* not talking to you *cough* :D

Seriously, mirc is much more safe than any other program if you are not a newbie. I still remember the old 1995 virus called "script.ini", many people will just accept that file and then open it with mirc.

You need to be certain of what you asked and who's sending, also looking at the file extension (which is never hidden in mirc) is good to avoid accepting trojans and stuff like that.

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
You mean you shouldn't just accept whatever anyone tries to send you? :eek:

Shit, maybe that's what my problem was.

Seriously though, by looking at my firewall logs, I have had probably 90% of the attacks I have had while signed into mirc, especially Dalnet. And I've gotten the majority of my crap files from Dalnet as well. (They say they are one thing when they are really another.)

Luis G

Staff member
ohhh yeah, the port attack, that's common, there are people there that just want to screw you, i've never experienced any hacking, except the usual nuke (connection reset by peer).

and i've never received a "crap file".

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
fury@12-222-140-###.client.insightBB.com

You do realize what you just gave us, right?

whoreable

i too use irc. i seem to find more full albums/new releases then i do on kazza. never been to concerned about the security on my system.