Kicked my ass

PostCode

Major contributor!
The hike up kicked my ass. Over 3000 feet elveation gain over 3 miles. Literally vertical in some places. Took six and a half hours to get to the top. That's the view we got though. Had a nice clear day Sunday but Monday was rain pretty much all the way down. Soaked to the bone by the time we got to the truck.

mthood_021504.jpg

That was taken from the front door of the cabin which you can see in the following image. Right hand side, corner.

devilspeak_021504.jpg

We made a snow cave while we were up there. I'll post a few pics of us in that thing in a while.

PostCode

Major contributor!
Just me and the wife person this trip. To dangerous even for the dog this time. 500 and 600 foot cliffs in same areas. Very dangerous.

That's Mt. Hood in the picture above. Good ol' Cascades.

Here's a few more.

morning1_021504.jpg

morning2_021504.jpg

PostCode

Major contributor!
Thanks. :)

Here's a few of us in the snow cave.

Here's Charlie, Bruce, and my wife.
cave_021504.jpg

Here's me.
cave1_021504.jpg

Here's the entrance.
cave2_021504.jpg

G.I.Jane

Ms Ann Thrope said:
wow! looks like a wonderful trip **deeply envious**

snowshoes? any telemark skiing?

Too many switch backs up there to get anything but snowshoes up there. Post said it was, "Switch back hell!"

It was absolutely gorgeous and I would love to go back!

PostCode

Major contributor!
unclehobart said:
So... where were the *ahem* 'facilities'?

See all those trees?

I finally had to venture out into those later n the afternoon when the sun was melting the snow on the trees. Ohhhh man that was cold. Drops of wawa were hitting me in places nothing that cold should. I can tell you this. It was a rather fast bathroom break.

tonksy

PostCode said:
See all those trees?

I finally had to venture out into those later n the afternoon when the sun was melting the snow on the trees. Ohhhh man that was cold. Drops of wawa were hitting me in places nothing that cold should. I can tell you this. It was a rather fast bathroom break.
at least you can stand to pee...your poor wife!

PostCode

Major contributor!
Here is one more. It's another shot of Mt. Hood taken around noon when the early morning fog was still lingering around.

mthood1_021504.jpg

PostCode

Major contributor!
The ax and I got into a fight and the ax won. I have a finger with a bit less flesh on it now. That was about the worse part of the whole trip.