Kiddies' spinoff of thread 'Hasta la Vista'

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
Re: Hasta la Vista

Well put, why can't people agree on disagreeing? All of these childish arguments about who's best and how wrong the others are is just that, childish.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member

Maybe because you're trying to use it as a crutch so you and Spike and Jim and on and on can just sit there with your fucking bullshit all fucking day long, accomplishing fucking shit and annoying the shit out of the rest of us. Instead, we'll see nothing but "message blocked because 'XXXXX' is on your ignore list" 50,000,000,000 fucking times and nothing else in any thread anywhere. All we've had here is you people dumping shit out of your mouths over and over and over again. Your suggestion is no better than people building luxury high-rise condos next to an airport and then bitching over and over and over again until the airport, which was there first, gets shut down. You're asking someone like me, who has six years at this board and 8 1/2 years with the core members here dating back to Hardware Central and jjr512.com, to have to make changes to accommodate you and the other newcomers. Fuck that.

On a side note... you haven't changed Spike's mind about any single fucking thing, and he hasn't changed yours or jim's, etc. Maybe it's time for all of you to weigh the cost-benefit ratio. I did so, if you'll notice I don't engage anyone in debates in the RW forum anymore. Even a rat eventually learns that pressing the button and getting zapped with 5,000 volts sucks and will eventually stop doing it.

Wow, I've never seen this side of you before. I like it and whole heartedly agree. I wanted to respond to the BS earlier but even though what I wanted to say is everything you've said all I could come up with to type was "Fuck off and die" so I refrained from posting.

*cue Prof telling Inky he should move to Calgary and pursue me because I paid him a compliment and for some reason Prof thinks Inky and I should be together*

Cerise

You're asking someone like me.....to have to make changes to accommodate you and the other newcomers. Fuck that.

:rolleyes:

So you don't want to see a certain post, but you don't want to ignore the poster and see a message that lowers your blood pressure either?

Inkara1

It's pretty obvious that no matter what I say, all you'll do is attempt to justify the bullshit. Oh, hey, by that logic, we should also throw open the borders, let in every illegal immigrant and print welfare forms in every one of their languages. After all, I can choose to ignore the other forms and pick up the English form.

jimpeel

I think the point being that all this political bullshit has destroyed the board.

It used to be fun with the most posts happening in the lunatic lounge, now the RW posts are so spiteful people don't think of this place as fun anymore.

Goi back and look at previous years during the political season and see what was going on then. There must be something wrong with the name of the board because everyone bitches and moans when someone goes off topic.

The place would be fun if we could actually gat some real debates going here instead of the usual one liners and canned responses. Are these debating points?

that's just silly/ getting sillier

what's your point?

just proving you wrong again

all ______ is pretty much ridiculous

sorry to break it to you

do you just make things up as you go along?

you do make things up as you go along.

Why do you feel the need to make up shit about it?

Just making weird shit up now.

no shit.

You just live in some big ol' fantasy land.

Once again, just making up your own reality.

You're getting pretty desperate.

However, you can't prove much of anything with a biased opinion piece.

Sweet, another opinion piece.

Awesome

:rofl!:

Actually you are the one who is.......

What are you going on about?

Thanks for showing that I've never said ______

I simply pointed out your mistake.

You're grasping for anything now huh?

You can't just keep saying shit you wish was true.

It's crazy how often you are factually incorrect. It's as if you don't check anything and just rely completely on wishful thinking.

Actually it's just a completely silly statement.

You actually didn't point out any difference.

Umnnn...no.

What would that have to do with your faulty logic exactly?

OMG

I thought you were following this or something.

It's kind of weird that you made so much more out of it.

More double standards/hypocrisy

Actually no, he hasn't.

And that's why you don't have any fun here anymore.

jimpeel

Because the so-called "status quo" has completely changed.

Thus it is no longer the status quo. Were you trying to form an oxymoron because if you were it was truly funny. :wink2: Made me laugh.

jimpeel

Back to the thread at hand. It's unlikely that anything that we do will drag back PT or Squigs.... but how can we lessen the impact on current users to keep'em here, and perhaps convince others to came have a look'see.

That's the part you don't understand. There are lurkers here all of the time and they see the innanity of post such as Spike's -- which by the way the list I posted were all his -- and they don't want to come into a place where the "debate" is made up nearly exclusively of snappy one liners.

As this is written the "Currently Active Users" stat window says "6 (3 members & 3 guests)". Those are the lurkers who read the posts but don't join and post themselves.

Maybe if we actually had some real debates here the lurkers would come out of the shadows and join in. I have given links to debates at other boards on very contentious subjects in which the participants stayed civil, on topic, and did their research befor they posted.

How do you think you would have done in a debate wherein the contention was "John Walker has done nothing wrong"? That would be the so-called "American Taliban" John Walker. How do you think someone of the caliber of Spike would have handled it?

By the way, am I the only one who has noticed that this thread was moved to the "Kiddie Korner" from TRW?

jimpeel

Maybe because you're trying to use it as a crutch so you and Spike and Jim and on and on can just sit there with your fucking bullshit all fucking day long, accomplishing fucking shit and annoying the shit out of the rest of us. Instead, we'll see nothing but "message blocked because 'XXXXX' is on your ignore list" 50,000,000,000 fucking times and nothing else in any thread anywhere. All we've had here is you people dumping shit out of your mouths over and over and over again. Your suggestion is no better than people building luxury high-rise condos next to an airport and then bitching over and over and over again until the airport, which was there first, gets shut down. You're asking someone like me, who has six years at this board and 8 1/2 years with the core members here dating back to Hardware Central and jjr512.com, to have to make changes to accommodate you and the other newcomers. Fuck that.

On a side note... you haven't changed Spike's mind about any single fucking thing, and he hasn't changed yours or jim's, etc. Maybe it's time for all of you to weigh the cost-benefit ratio. I did so, if you'll notice I don't engage anyone in debates in the RW forum anymore. Even a rat eventually learns that pressing the button and getting zapped with 5,000 volts sucks and will eventually stop doing it.

I have tried on numerous occasions to start threads with imntelligent dialogue about any number of subjects -- global warming, the judiciary, health care, news bias, police conduct, alternative energy, politics in general, etc. -- and invariably the idiots with their snappy one-liners show up, drag the thread off topic -- thus the name of the board -- and become the "comic relief" in their little worlds.

Go back and look at the threads I have started on specific subjects, not the ones of general interest or attempts at levity like "Woman sat on toilet for two years" or "Flying dog turd takes to the friendly skies" and see what I have attempted. Then tell me that I am the one who is fucking it up.

I bring to the table scientific research, peer reviewed articles, physical law, papers, and studies. Most of the rest of you bring snappy one-liners and the incessant complaints that the postings are from the wrong sites with the wrong political slant and the wrong author but never have anything to counter them.

Some examples:

http://www.otcentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27173

http://www.otcentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27276

http://www.otcentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27299

http://www.otcentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27424

http://www.otcentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26819

http://www.otcentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27306

http://www.otcentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26880

http://www.otcentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27225

http://www.otcentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27013

So if you want an open, honest debate on some subject simply either start one. If I don't know what it is, I will learn. If I do I will interject my thoughts repleat with documentation. Just don't expect the same from the class clowns who hang out here.

jimpeel

Well put, why can't people agree on disagreeing? All of these childish arguments about who's best and how wrong the others are is just that, childish.

It is called The Great Debate and the Unbridled Free Exchange of Ideas which is what this country was founded upon. Perhaps that is "childish" to some but that is not true for most.

jimpeel

Wow, I've never seen this side of you before. I like it and whole heartedly agree. I wanted to respond to the BS earlier but even though what I wanted to say is everything you've said all I could come up with to type was "Fuck off and die" so I refrained from posting.

*cue Prof telling Inky he should move to Calgary and pursue me because I paid him a compliment and for some reason Prof thinks Inky and I should be together*

Thus the very epitome of the one liner debating style exhibited here.

Professur

Wow, I've never seen this side of you before. I like it and whole heartedly agree. I wanted to respond to the BS earlier but even though what I wanted to say is everything you've said all I could come up with to type was "Fuck off and die"

*sniff* I'm so proud...

samcurry

Screwing with the code...
Staff member

You know when we put in the RW there was only one real problem that we had decided on. If it got too bad it would be forever erased from the boards.
Granted i have not been active here in a while. I am disgusted with what that forum has become and done to the site as a whole. We have lost way to many members that have been replace by junk posters that think they are the only right person on the site.
Now even though i may not have alot of say to some of the newbies around here i do have enough pull with the higher powers to start up a vote as to wether we go back to the original agreement and start making decisions about what stays or goes.
The ONLY thing we ever asked anyone was to keep the shit in the RW there and to not drag it out to the rest of the forums. If you are mature enough to do it then I will ask you to politely get the hell out. Before you ruin it for all.

Professur

You know when we put in the RW there was only one real problem that we had decided on. If it got too bad it would be forever erased from the boards.
Granted i have not been active here in a while. I am disgusted with what that forum has become and done to the site as a whole. We have lost way to many members that have been replace by junk posters that think they are the only right person on the site.
Now even though i may not have alot of say to some of the newbies around here i do have enough pull with the higher powers to start up a vote as to wether we go back to the original agreement and start making decisions about what stays or goes.
The ONLY thing we ever asked anyone was to keep the shit in the RW there and to not drag it out to the rest of the forums. If you are mature enough to do it then I will ask you to politely get the hell out. Before you ruin it for all.

Hell, I managed to get an employee canned in one night. Getting rid of some worthless baggage shouldn't be too big a challenge.

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef

works for me.

Mare

*peace*:clap::worship:[

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Love ya Sammy baby! Let's clean up the riff raff! This is a place for friends to come together and enjoy each other...not to fight (and in my opinion also not for serious in depth debates...). Let's go back to just having fun.