knives and planes

breaky

no...it's not what you think, i would like to know if anyone has an idea as to whether i can carry knives within my luggage when going overseas, i have about 14 which i can't bear to part with. do i need a letter or something? will customs take them away?

Squiggy

ThunderDick
I recall an incident where a passenger had a gift set of knives packed in his luggage. He had taken one out to look at it and just packed it loose in his luggage instead of repakaging it. They yanked him from the flight for the loose one. So its kinda weird the way they consider things. You may want to place a call to airport security and tell them what you are trying to do.

ris

i know that in the uk airports if you have a knife or anything else even vaguely sharp [i've even heard of nail clippers getting confiscated] in the hand luggage then you won't be getting on the plane with it. if you try stepping on board with 14 then you might find confiscation is the least of your worries.

Rose

Definately call the air port for verification, but I'd think you could pack it in your checked luggage and be sure to "claim" it upon arrival. That is - let them know what you have when checking your bags, especially if any of them are longer than your hand (from wrist to longest finger).

breaky

re : knives and planes

i guess i better make a few calls then, the last thing i want is to lose over a thousand dollars worth of knives. THANKS ALL FOR THE TIPS:winkkiss:

breaky

A.B.Normal said:
I have to ask,are these for culinary use or are you a parttime Ninja?

part time ninja i wish:winkkiss: but alas no, the only things i've ever attacked using these are dead animals and other sources of nourishment
i did however once try to stab a live crab with one, it only broke my knife in half so i shouldn't really have bothered, it was fun though:D