Known carcinogen...

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
SAN FRANCISCO — Marijuana smoke has joined tobacco smoke and hundreds of other chemicals on a list of substances California regulators say cause cancer.

The ruling Friday by the Office of Environmental Health Hazard Assessment likely will force pot shops with 10 or more employees to post warnings. Final guidelines are expected by the time warning requirements take effect in a year.

Guess they'll have to ban that, too...oops. Too late. :lol:

Associated Press...

And just so you know its from more than one source...

Researchers at the University of Leicester in England have found "convincing evidence" that pot smoke damages DNA in ways that could potentially increase the risk of cancer.

"There have been many studies on the toxicity of tobacco smoke,” researcher Rajinder Singh said in a news release. “Cannabis in contrast has not been so well studied."

Singh said cannabis smoke contains 400 compounds including 60 cannabinoids. It also contains 50 percent more carcinogenic polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons including naphthalene, benzanthracene, and benzopyrene, than tobacco smoke, Singh added.

Winky

so is depleted uranium but its still in use
cuz it's 'the best tool for the job'

chcr

Too cute for words
I guess my question would be why would anyone believe that smoking marijuana would be any less harmful than smoking cigarettes? Breathing smoke is not good for you. Surprise! Of course, most people who smoke dope don't smoke forty joints a day one right after the other.

Now excuse me, I have to go make some brownies.

Altron

yeah, chcr, I think that's the classic defense. The amount of tobacco smoked by the typical chain smoker is an order of magnitude greater than the amount of weed smoked by the even the biggest potheads.

the piece used probably affects things too... I bet bubbling through water cleans up the smoke a lot, and vaporizers are supposed to clean up the smoke completely.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
A cigarette smoker doesn't tend to draw as deeply, not hold the smoke in as long, so one joint is worse than one cigarette.

chcr

Too cute for words
A cigarette smoker doesn't tend to draw as deeply, not hold the smoke in as long, so one joint is worse than one cigarette.

True as far as it goes, Gonz. It's unlikely though, that one or even two joints equals twenty or more cigarettes and I know plenty of people who smoke a pack or more a day. Note that I no longer smoke either, just for the record. I do, however, think that the anti-smoking lobby has gone much too far and you know how I feel about drugs.

Altron, I'd really be surprised if a bong filters out significant amounts of the carcinogens and it certainly allows you to inhale a much larger volume of smoke. Also true of tobacco in a hookah I might add.

JTP

Got it. Thought it was a typo, but you knew whereof you wrote. Won't catch this flatlander hanging onto any "vertical real estate".
But, Prof, if you've no time for self-destructive people, doesn't that rule out just about everyone?

Professur

Yup. Feel free to ask anyone else here my opinion of the general population. A jamaican family comes by every once in a while to use it as a limbo bar.

JTP

HahAHa-
"Gonna do the limbo rock, right around the limbo clock"
Chubby Checker, I believe.

Inkara1

Yup. Feel free to ask anyone else here my opinion of the general population. A jamaican family comes by every once in a while to use it as a limbo bar.

I do have to admit that that's probably one of the funnier jokes you've cracked lately.