Lesbian couple files for divorce

tonksy

The only issue Rob and I have encoutered so far (beyond social interactional lacks of tact) are having to add my name to accounts and his to school and medical documents.
There really isn't much difference between being married and living like this....excepting for the security net but that's mainly mental.

Professur

It's been awhile but there was a study that looked at the real numbers behind divorce.

It turns out that something like 28% of FIRST marriages fail. They get to 50%+ because of multiple failures.

Lies, damned lies & statistics.

And as if we couldn't imagine a better case to prove the point ...

Groom charged with being too near bride at wedding

BATAVIA, N.Y. (AP) — A New York state man has been arrested for getting too close to his bride on their wedding day.

Police say Timothy Cole quarreled with a wedding guest at a party Friday after his wedding to his ex-wife in Batavia (buh-TAY’-vee-uh).

Officers knew the 45-year-old Cole from previous arrests and realized his bride had an order of protection against him. Cole was charged with first-degree criminal contempt, a felony, and ordered jailed without bail.

The Daily News in Batavia says Cole was convicted of criminal contempt on July 1.

The Genesee County public defender’s office says Cole hasn’t been assigned an attorney.

source

Dudes, let's give marriage back to the church, and restrict the gov't to licensing 'civil unions'.

MrBishop

Churches don't marry people - churches bless unions.

The paperwork is the same and goes to the same office, is stamped by the same clueless bureaucrat and filed in the same dingy-green filing cabinet.

chcr

Too cute for words
Churches don't marry people - churches bless unions.

The paperwork is the same and goes to the same office, is stamped by the same clueless bureaucrat and filed in the same dingy-green filing cabinet.

And that is in fact the point.

Professur

and for those of us who don't recognize the church as a legitimate authority?

and that would be most of the civilized world at this point.

Then I wish you well with your civil union and hope you and your partner enjoy many happy years together.

2minkey

bootlicker
i guess what i'm getting at is... would the only difference between these two things be that one is executed by church dude and one by some bureaucrat? would you imagine any differences in legal standing?

chcr

Too cute for words
i guess what i'm getting at is... would the only difference between these two things be that one is executed by church dude and one by some bureaucrat? would you imagine any differences in legal standing?

Sure, the church one should have no legal standing. That's why you need a license.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Dudes, let's give marriage back to the church, and restrict the gov't to licensing 'civil unions'.

I dunno. I like my civil cermeony bride. I also plead my vows as my bond.

Let's get back to making divorce more difficult & too expensive to be so trivial.