Let the hope end here. Time for a change

2minkey

bootlicker
You do know that most of the debt is to the Federal Reserve, right? All those mole hills accumulate and forms the mountain we have today.

that has nothing to do with my earlier comment or your erroneous opinion. compare rates of historical debt accumulation to those today. you might see a difference.

2minkey

bootlicker
A gold coin bought a nice suit in 1905.

The gold gold buys the same suit today.

Value degradation?

gold and currency are different. gold to buy a suit may have been worth five bucks in 1910. the same gold to buy a suit may be worth 700 today. our incomes are also many times what they were. i'm not sure i understand what point you are trying to make.

2minkey

bootlicker
I'm beginning to worry a bit.
Manxster has recently typed some valid points
rather than responding to the previous post with
derisive or flippant comment.

Should I be worried?

it's only a matter of time until i lose my patience. don't worry.

jimpeel

gold and currency are different. gold to buy a suit may have been worth five bucks in 1910. the same gold to buy a suit may be worth 700 today. our incomes are also many times what they were. i'm not sure i understand what point you are trying to make.

The point is that the gold remains stable. Only the number of dollars -- or any other coin of the realm -- to buy that ounce of gold changes. As the number of dollars decreases, the dollar becomes stronger. As the number of dollars increases, the dollar becomes weaker.

The suit remains the same in reference to the gold. Only the number of dollars required to buy that suit changes.

2minkey

bootlicker
The point is that the gold remains stable. Only the number of dollars -- or any other coin of the realm -- to buy that ounce of gold changes. As the number of dollars decreases, the dollar becomes stronger. As the number of dollars increases, the dollar becomes weaker.

The suit remains the same in reference to the gold. Only the number of dollars required to buy that suit changes.

so... you're essentially repeating what i said... thanks, i think.

my response to gonz's comment was a response to his comment about my comment. or something about the changing value of currency. then he mentioned gold. yes, relatives and absolutes. i think we all understand that.

2minkey

bootlicker
who would ever do that? why? if it's that big of a deal, just take the cash and buy gold immediately. it's not the relative value between the two is going to change radically between the time you cash the check and the time you buy the gold, unless you sit on the cash for a while, which would kinda defeat the whole purpose.

or maybe we could go one step battier and turn that cash into something that will hold value even when things have gone to such shit that gold hardly even matters - AMMO!!!!

:dizzy:

Professur

Actually Minkey ... quite a lot of people. Look up Liberty Dollars.

as for QEII ...I don't pretend to be an economist. I'm very good at math, but 20 minutes with my accountant made my stomach hurt. That much of what she was doing with the numbers wasn't outright illegal made my head hurt too. But I can read. And what I'm reading tells me that getting back to gold and silver for money would put an end to the outright theft going on.

http://kingworldnews.com/kingworldn.../11/5_Jim_Rickards_-_Fed_May_Go_Bankrupt.html

catocom

Well, try getting paid in an absolute and see how the IRS takes it.

that reminds me of that farmer that was letting people pick their own stuff,
and they said he was hiring them as laborers, and paying them with the produce.

ResearchMonkey

or maybe we could go one step battier and turn that cash into something that will hold value even when things have gone to such shit that gold hardly even matters - AMMO!!!!

:dizzy:
Preach it brother. With those eye's, stick with a scatter gun.

Prof right about the physical pain, he's not alone in feeling it. People are frantic about whats about to happen, people who 'have' and 'produce' are scared here. Many of people who can walk away from California have. Lead is a valued commodity here.

I just don't see the bright-side of current policies, the big lie.

2minkey

bootlicker
And what I'm reading tells me that getting back to gold and silver for money would put an end to the outright theft going on.

that would never work. the global economy is utterly dependent on money being in several places at once.

besides, only a leftie would be against big banking and big business. right?

catocom

nothing wrong with big banking, or big business.
It's about Honest, and Dishonest practices.

Professur

that would never work. the global economy is utterly dependent on money being in several places at once.

besides, only a leftie would be against big banking and big business. right?

The 'global economy' is a farce, robbing Peter to convince Paul you're richer than him and that he should believe you when you say what's his is yours.

2minkey

bootlicker
The 'global economy' is a farce, robbing Peter to convince Paul you're richer than him and that he should believe you when you say what's his is yours.

i'm sorry, how is peter being robbed to pay paul? because every once in a while the system gets squirrely and people push weird money games (e.g. derivatives) too far? generally the system does work. don't like easy capital availability and cheap money? golly, you must hate the free market, too! hey man, if you don't like it, you could always build a time machine and go back to the middle ages. because this shit marches on, regardless of your machinations. it squash you like a bug! a bug i say!

Professur

i'm sorry, how is peter being robbed to pay paul? because every once in a while the system gets squirrely and people push weird money games (e.g. derivatives) too far? generally the system does work. don't like easy capital availability and cheap money? golly, you must hate the free market, too! hey man, if you don't like it, you could always build a time machine and go back to the middle ages. because this shit marches on, regardless of your machinations. it squash you like a bug! a bug i say!

Thank you for making my point so eloquently. Kinda sad that you didn't actually read that Peter-Paul relationship ... i thought I'd used small enough words.

Generally the system doesn't work. It's a pyramid scheme in the worst sense. It might seem to work at first, but sooner or later, you always run out of fools to suck in at the bottom ... It helps to have armed guards to force more money out of those at the bottom but eventually there's nothing left to steal.

2minkey

bootlicker
hmmm. system seems to be working to me. not quite firing on all cylinders at the moment but it seems to have marched forward quite handily in the postwar era.

maybe you could explain this horrible state of affairs to me? i'm not really in on this esoteric paul's peter shit.

trying saying what you mean in standard language. maybe use more little words so pea brain me could figure it out...

meh, fuck it. you're right. the global economy is bad. we must all regress to feudalism and superstition! all you need is miracle, mystery, and authority, bitches!!!

Professur

Um .. no ... I don't think I'll waste any more time on you. The article I linked is more than sufficient.